I didn't expect this: Bugie is Delica killer?

The Bugout was a knife I had 0 interest in but ended up picking up due to all the buzz. I really enjoyed the one I had but ended up moving it to try a Ti flipper. I hope to get another one day. I'd also love to see a larger variant as I love the design but do prefer a bit bigger of a knife generally.

For those saying that the Bugout is more, it is but you get what you pay for.

Better steel
USA Made
Better warranty
Longer blade/cutting edge
Better lock

Better is a subjective term but s30v is better than vg10, Spyderco's warranty is no where near as good as Benchmade's Lifesharp program, and the Axis Lock is stronger than the Delica's backlock.

Price is fluid. Benchmade offers discounts to military, first responders, and other groups that can dramatically decrease the cost.

Well no, being that both companies use MAP policies. Do you get a 60% discount? Are most knife buyers military/leo/first responders?

I'm not against the Bugout. I checked one out and liked it. But it doesn't make sense to say it's a "Delica killer".

Well no, being that both companies use MAP policies. Do you get a 60% discount? Are most knife buyers military/leo/first responders?

I'm not against the Bugout. I checked one out and liked it. But it doesn't make sense to say it's a "Delica killer".

In terms of looks, it kills it, although I dislike the color blue on the knife. The Delica got hit a lot more times with the ugly stick IMO. But in general, both knives are kind of cheap looking or feeling in the hand, at least to me.

The Delica(like a lot of Spyderco models) looks like a plastic $.99 Walmart utility knife you always see in the bins at the checkout isles.

In the hand, the Bugout feels like a plastic $.99 Walmart utility knife you always see in the bins at the checkout isles.

MAP is minimum advertised pricing and the discount can sometimes be very significant. I’ll leave it at that. “Delica killer” is highly subjective. Some love the Delica. Some love the Bugout. Some love both. And some hate both. In the end it doesn’t matter. Get what you like and use the heck out of it.

I wouldn't call it a Delica killer but for those that like the Delica I think it offers something more in a similar package. I usually don't like terms that involve __________ killer as the Delica will continue to be a hit with many people. Benchmade usually doesn't build thin slicers.

So because of this thread I decided to kick the Bugout from my pocket and carry a Delica 4 for the first time in a while.

I'll say this, for me it might not a Delica killer but it sure puts some serious wounds on that Spyder.

The clip on the Bugout is 10x better, and the axis lock is so much easier to use one handed than the Delicas back lock. Also, when reaching in my pocket the feel of the FRN is much more aggressive than the Bugouts handle.

I won't sell my Delicas and might even purchase some more exclusives or Sprints down the road but the Bugout will see more EDC office pocket carry.

I initially was not excited when the bugout came out. Didn't give it much attention until i kept seeing people rave about it so I had to try one. Boy of boy what was I thinking. Crazy light with a thin almost flat ground blade. It slices beautifully. Bugout is definitely a delica killer for me. It has more blade length, is lighter, better steel and a better lock than the delica. It has also been a 940 killer for me as well. Heck its killed basically everything except my SAK. It really is a perfect edc imho. Can't wait for some upgraded models:).

Bugout killed the mini Grip too..
There I’ve said it.
Apart from the mini Ritter, but I’ve no no idea why you’d choose a 556 over the Bugout.

I initially was not excited when the bugout came out. Didn't give it much attention until i kept seeing people rave about it so I had to try one. Boy of boy what was I thinking. Crazy light with a thin almost flat ground blade. It slices beautifully. Bugout is definitely a delica killer for me. It has more blade length, is lighter, better steel and a better lock than the delica. It has also been a 940 killer for me as well. Heck its killed basically everything except my SAK. It really is a perfect edc imho. Can't wait for some upgraded models:).

Me too. Put carbon fiber scales on the Bugout and I would scoop it up. Would be just as light, if not lighter. Stronger, too and the handles won't bend. But I think this is Benchmade's introduction of the model and variations and upgrades are undoubtedly on the way. Obviously it will be more expensive but they will almost assuredly keep the existing model in place for those who dont want to spend more. I just can't get past a $120 knife with scales that bends in my hand with a little bit of pressure. And that's what my impression was holding it at Cabellas--I will wait for upgrades.

There is one issue with the knife though for me. Every couple days my heart will drop because I think I lost my knife. I reach down to check and find its been in my pocket the whole time. So in this regard I guess its too light. Buuuuuttt that's what I love about it! :)

I'd say it's more a rival to the Manix 2 LW
I was actually comparing the two for a bit last night. The manix is obviously a lot larger and does weight about an ounce more but as far as build I would say they are pretty similar in regards to build.

I have both a bugout and delica, one thing I like about the delica is the sheepsfoot-like blade edge. Makes a great edc knife for draw cuts, opening boxes and such. I would LOVE to see a bugout with an insingo blade shape!

I have both a bugout and delica, one thing I like about the delica is the sheepsfoot-like blade edge. Makes a great edc knife for draw cuts, opening boxes and such. I would LOVE to see a bugout with an insingo blade shape!
+1

Back