I fear my collection lacks coherence!

DCFree

Gold Member
q3qrJ9Z.jpg

Seems fine to me. If you like them, then its all good, if not, fix it. There is no "right way" to do this, apart from promoting the buying of clones, and trashing other's subjective views.

Define coherence, If they bring you happiness from using or just owning them there's you coherence.
I say you made two good choices enjoy them.

Those go well together I think. One for heavy work one for slicing.

It absolutely does, I'd think you need a few to fill in the gap to even out the size difference.
But, that's what I tell everyone when they ask why I need so many knives and it gives me an excuse to buy more knives;)

gadgetgeek said:
There is no "right way" to do this, apart from promoting the buying of clones, and trashing other's subjective views.
So you're saying that promoting the buying of clones, and trashing other people's views, are the right way of doing this? Most here would consider it otherwise

At times I have bought "what other people like" because of hype, group-think, etc... that does not work... And my tastes have changed over the years... I am more into quality fit/finish and less into "tacticool" now...
I don't go to the mall anymore, so what is the point of being a mall-ninja?

At times I have bought "what other people like" because of hype, group-think, etc... that does not work... And my tastes have changed over the years... I am more into quality fit/finish and less into "tacticool" now...
I don't go to the mall anymore, so what is the point of being a mall-ninja?

Yeah, I am more of a forum ninja now myself.

As for his collection, seems perfect cuz the sheath will work for both.

Good start. Most of us switch around and change over time. It is part of the hobby. I think most of us love big fixed blades. But other than a select few members, I personally don't have much use for them on a yearly basis. That doesn't stop me from buying and being interested. I would suggest you consider a 4"-5" fixed blade if you use fixed blade knives to add a bit more versatility to your accumulation.

I take big knives with me car camping, or hiking if I know I have a specific need for one of the big ones. But sometimes, I just like to carry something different regardless.

I have also bought knives because of all the chatter here. For the most part, those are unused. The classic example is the Kabar Becker BK-2 which after the ooh's and aahs wore off, I couldn't see myself using it for anything.

Last edited:
Back