Photos I finally belong.

My new pal! Glad to see you getting acquainted with the hogs. :thumbsup:

I don’t have time to post a ton so I am not always terribly active, but I can still vouch for this as a great, friendly, and helpful community. It makes sense because the folks at Busse are the best I have ever dealt with as a customer... it still surprises me on a somewhat regular basis how cool the people here are, which means you will fit right in! :thumbsup:

I’m glad to see your new acquisitions getting some love. I love them too, but sometimes you have to make a hard choice... I will say that I love sending good blades to good people, and if you enjoy them it’s a big “mission accomplished” as far as I’m concerned. Now beat ‘em like they owe you money! :cool:

Feel free to let me know what you're looking for and what you're willing to spend and I'll help you track it down.
Uh oh purest, now you are royally screwed! :D

But seriously, here is a prime example... Chris will not steer you wrong. Also, I agree with everything he said, especially regarding the gold membership :thumbsup: as well as the part about me being awesome. :p:p:p

So Chris, or Tim, did you tell our new guest to get on the list for the TGULB? .. a really good friend would explain that so he doesn't miss out on the last of the most iconic blade ever to be made???? And the secret to success begins with cheesecake? ... important stuff he needs to know- and just how far a bottle of JWB might go? ... all those little details are important.

Welcome to the madness. Good start for you. If you purchase judiciously, your investment should increase over time. Good luck.

Oh yeah,

The number one rule of Busseland - "No Regrets!"

That is the motto but we all regret at least one sale that was completed in a moment of weakness. We just don't admit it. :D

Hi Purest,

I was in the middle of a bunch of stuff earlier so I apologize for not welcoming you properly. I just wanted to help get those pics of those gorgeous blades up.

Congrats on a couple of great blades. Tim ( Apocryphiliac Apocryphiliac ) is an awesome guy and has quite the collection.

Feel free to let me know what you're looking for and what you're willing to spend and I'll help you track it down.

First thing I recommend is getting yourself a Gold Membership. It will pay for itself very quickly with knowledge and the occasional discount for paid members. It also supports this great site that keeps us all in Bussekin heaven, a noble cause if I do say so myself.

Welcome to the sickness!

Chris
So, life happened immediately after I posted this and it's been a busy month or so... I have been meaning to come reply to everyone so I'll start at the top and work my way through.

Thanks for the welcome Chris, I appreciate it. I do actually (a month later now) have one that I'm curious about on eBay. Not because of who is selling it, but because the price isn't too high and it's been listed for a hundred years... I don't know if it's just undesirable, or if it's potentially not genuine. I can't tell. It looks good to me. I was thinking of picking it up on the 10% eBay bucks promotion.

I asked Tim about the Gold Membership, because a few of you have recommended that I get one. I don't mind supporting the forum at all. But I don't know what advantages it would provide me with when I don't actually (in reality) see myself purchasing more blades. Money is tight here, and while I started off in Busse with two blades that I think are gorgeous, I don't see myself purchasing anything else sharp for a long time. I spend much more time with the acquisition of firearm related items and PMs than anything blade related. I do enjoy knives, they just aren't a big passion of mine. Also, I just recently got myself a very nice camera, and it's been 30 years since I have been involved in photography, and I believe that I have rediscovered something that I love. Initially I was interested in getting something for celestial photography and something to capture ELR shooting to provide a quality photo, and show accurate perspective on long distance targets to people that don't understand that type of shooting. Let me tell you, the cost of photography isn't cheaper now that you don't have to buy film. lol.

Thanks again! Nice to meat you. :)

I started my addiction by accepting a Busse AK47 and an original Hellrazor for a nightforce scope I was selling. Fast forward six years and I could sell my collection and buy a new truck. Should have kept that scope. Throw those knives away, trash your computer or phone, and run as fast as you can away from this forum. Trust me...:D
So, life happened immediately after I posted this and it's been a busy month or so... I have been meaning to come reply to everyone so I'll start at the top and work my way through.

Yeah, I understand exactly what you're saying. If I could go back to when I was 10 years old and never put my finger on a trigger, I'd probably have another $100k (thrown away on a different hobby) that I wouldn't have spent on guns, knives, glass, etc...

That said, most of the stuff I have for shooting was originally paid for via tournament wins. But you know as well as I do, especially if you use Nightforce as an example, that once you have the gun and some ammo, if you aren't satisfied, you can find another few grand worth of stuff to buy. I have, for example, at TC Compass, with a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 FFP EBR2C MRAD, Harris Bipod, VG6 Presicion Gamma Break, Throw Lever, Bubble Level, 34mm presicion mounts, scope caps, and pelican case... That's the stuff I can think of off the top of my head writing a quick post. So you know what that means, after rebate the rifle was ~$225, the other stuff was ~$3200. It's pretty sad when you have a gun for under $250 and bolt-ons that are over $3k. That said, it shoots well under MOA. Also, that said, I have it in .308 and the exact same setup in .300 win mag. FML on doing it twice.

Thanks for the post, nice to meet you. :)

I've never been a fan of the bumblebee color scheme, but damn, it looks good on those knives! Beat the hell out of those beauties, they'll take it and love it and you'll be spending more of your firearms money than you ever dreamed of on sharp pointy things made in Wauseon, Ohio. :D

I agree with you to be honest. Although I wouldn't say I wasn't a fan, it just wasn't as high up on my list as some of the others. I really like the blue/black G10, but it seems that it varies from release to release as to how much is blue and how much is black. Though that could just be the photographer/lighting as well.

Honestly, I really am after a NMFBM, but when I saw Tim's ad of the ASHBM - as much as I didn't want to buy a cerakote'd blade, with the black blade and the yellow/black G10, I couldn't resist. Maybe it was his photos, but god it looked good. Then seeing it next to the satin TG14, I had to have them both. I gotta tell you, when they got here. I wasn't disappointed. They look so great together.

The only moment I had of disappointment was when I opened the ASHBM and saw that it was used. I guess that in my excitement to have been accepted as a purchaser, I overlooked the part of the add that had cleared said it was lightly used. I had a moment of buyers remorse that lasted for I'd say right around 30 seconds. I figured out that if it had already been used and the cerakote was worn a little bit, I didn't have to be the one that was putting a scratch in my brand new knife. So instead of sitting and admiring the thing for days, I got my fat ass off the bed and went outside to attack a tree that as needed some attention for a while. The ASHBM probably wasn't the best choice available to a handicapped guy with back problems, but I bought it in case my wife and I get stuck in the middle of the woods/desert 50 miles from help or a cell signal. Better to get familiar with it at home than once you need it. The tree in question is a pretty soft wood, so it wasn't very hard to go through .75" to 1" branches like butter. I do not currently own a strop, which is a crime. (I have the Lnasky Sapphire stone, which I will be creating a separate post about that here pretty quickly and was thinking I could touch up anything that needed it with that.) After going through about 6 areas of the tree that needed to be cleaned up, there were a couple small - and I do mean small - portions of a rather ridiculous sized blade that weren't really easily able to shave with in one stroke, so I touched it up with my kitchen steel for about 5 strokes a side and it was like brand new. I'm so happy I didn't waste my time going through many many other competitors products before nutting up and buying what needed to be bought.

Thanks for the message, nice to meet you! :)

Wow ! If the beauties above are what you are starting out with, I can't wait to see your future additions !!

Thanks for sharing and posting :thumbsup:

Hell of a start...beautiful blades
& welcome:D

Congrats on your scores, and welcome to the Hogmanity!:D:thumbsup:

Thanks and nice to meet you!

Oh yeah,

The number one rule of Busseland - "No Regrets!"

That is the motto but we all regret at least one sale that was completed in a moment of weakness. We just don't admit it. :D

You are allowed to regret that you are not a millionaire

My Ashbm is my favorite chopper, nice score!

It's certainly my favorite right now as other than harbor freight crap, it's the only thing I own outside of the machete world. I'm thinking I may enjoy something with an angled handle more though. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the message, nice to meet you!

Back