I finally made my mind up about what knife!

pitta-pitta

Banned
You might all remember I was looking to buy a nice knife before Christmas. In the end I did. Well kinda!

I bought two. The wife wasn't happy.

I bought an Enzo Badger with a convex grind. It's extremely sharp and the one I bought was really nice looking with buffalo horn, vulcanized fiber and G10 with mosaic pins for the handle - like the one shown. It's a great knife and really gets the job done whilst being a bit different from all the Ray Mears Woodlore bushcraft clones that are about in the UK these days. I nearly bought a Busse but they looked a bit too combatty for my liking.

The other knife I had made by a young blacksmith from Sheffield called William Rogers. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning his name here. He made me a very flashy folding bowie knife. I showed him some pictures and he made it from scratch for me. Its about 12 inches long when opened, full bowie sized, is razor sharp and really caused a stir last time I went shooting with some mates. It's too good to use really. It's a bloody work of art.

Not sure it's quite what I set out to get but I've got to say the end result is really something else. It's the biggest folder I've ever seen and is a really sharp nice knife. It makes me feel a bit like a Mississippi pimp but I love it!

Thanks for all your help on this. It was a long learning curve. I ended up with two knifes that I'll cherish forever.

My next knife is going to be one of Bernie Garland's bushcraft knives. After the wife recovers from these two of course.

FoldingbowieJamesRogers.jpg

enzoknife.jpg

You must buy them in pairs so they can keep each other company - at least thats what I tell my wife.:D

Thanks guys. It took a long time deciding what I wanted and I ended up spending more than I really wanted. I guess guys got to do what a guys got to do! They are both beautiful though. The problem is I'm now obssesed with knives and want to buy more!!!! Help! I can see how the addiction starts.

Back