I "Fixed" It.

afishhunter

Gold Member
Before; a daRn fingerprint and smudge magnet.

View attachment 1436682

After: Not a daRn fingerprint and smudge magnet no more. :D

View attachment 1436683

Of course I remembered to do the ends! I ain't that forgetful ... yet ... :)
View attachment 1436684

I don't think I voided the warranty, since I never took it apart.
I'll never send it in for polishing ... as for my heir ... he don't get this one. It's going in the box with me. :)

did ya polish it clean or just wipe it clean..I can't tell...your camera needs glasses.:p:D

If you don’t like fingerprints and smudges, why not just wear white gloves. :p:D

Brushed, satin finish? :thumbsup:

I'm glad you think you "FIXED" :rolleyes: it. You still leave grease that now gets embedded into the brass. Less noticeable but still there. Let us know what it looks like in a month.

I'm glad you think you "FIXED" :rolleyes: it. You still leave grease that now gets embedded into the brass. Less noticeable but still there. Let us know what it looks like in a month.
As requested. :)
I've used it for EDC pretty much since, except for the week I carried a (BTI) Old Timer 25OT two blade folding hunter.
I've been using the "wrong" sheath. It came with a black non-distressed leather sheath. My SK Blades "The Gentleman" 110 came with a black distressed leather sheath. I switched sheaths, since the not "distressed" leather seems more "gentlemanly"/formal, and the "distressed" leather seems more workman like and fitting for a Brass and Ebony 110. ("The Gentleman" has German Silver/Nickel Silver (same thing) bolsters and liners.)
How much (if any) the "distressed" leather added to the brass patina, I don't know.

View attachment 1443876
View attachment 1443877
View attachment 1443878

Did you use an abrasive on those bolsters?! I think i'm gonna be sick. In due time (if i'm seeing those extremely blurry photo's correctly) those scratches will fill in with all types of contaminants and while you may not have fingerprints, i wouldn't want to clean that stuff out of the scratches.

My old man regularly polished his 110, but he used a handkerchief and brasso...never sandpaper.

Back