I gave away a knife today.

Great to hear. I received a new custom folder in the mail today, then stopped by my former neighbor's house and gave him an Ontario Rat 1 that I got around Christmas . He's from Buffalo, NY, and I figured he'd appreciate a knife from a company that's close to where he grew up. Always feels good to pass one along. Cheers.

I actually gave two of my knives away this week too, a Real Steel H6 and a Kershaw Fatback. I wasn't using them, they were gathering dust a coworker asked if I had any I could part with, put some decent working edges on both and stropped them. He's been using the H6 every day since to cut his fruits at work.
Seems a lot better than letting them sit around. :D

I bought my friends knives for when they turned 30. All hand picked and different to suit their style. This gave me a chance to check them out for myself, fine tune and sharpen. I also engraved them and my buddies get lifesharp service from me, but most are afraid to use them lol. They don't want them to dull.
One spyderco went back to Golden and I wrote to them, short version, it's for a birthday gift, make me proud lol.

Last edited:
Gave my delica ... Excuse for me to buy another.
What a great way to share and spread the joy of knife ownership.
And yeah, all good knife giving deeds must surely be commemorated with a well deserved reward !

A buddy of mine I work with is dying slowly from various ailments, and always admired my knives I carried to work. I had an almost new Adamas on me one day and he really liked it. Pulled it out of my pocket and gave it to him. He carries it to this day.

It always feels good to give. Good for you, we need more like you.
I gave my first Spyderco (police), which I had for 25 years to a friend that love knives but had a garbage of a knife. He carries that knife every day!
Did the same thing with my best friend. Gave him an Emerson CQC-7 that he carries to this day. That was 10 years ago
:)

Knives are my favorite gifts to give. Birthdays, holidays, graduation, or no occasion at all. Do me a favor and you'll likely go home with a knife in your pocket. Some of my friends started carrying knives when I planted the seed in their mind (or pocket, as the case may be). Others, like my ex father in law, look at me funny and throw them in a drawer.

It always feels good to give. Good for you, we need more like you.
I gave my first Spyderco (police), which I had for 25 years to a friend that love knives but had a garbage of a knife. He carries that knife every day!
Did the same thing with my best friend. Gave him an Emerson CQC-7 that he carries to this day. That was 10 years ago
:)
Those were generous gifts. But, it's only money and if you aren't using a knife and conditioned to not accumulate a lot of stuff (knives), giving is the answer especially when you feel pretty sure that the receiver would appreciate the knife and treat it well.

Good on you, man.

Knives are my favorite things to give away. Especially to folks who have a cheap piece and deserve an upgrade.

My favorite gift was a Balisong. My buddy's kid collects Balis and didn't have a BM42 in his collection, so I gave him mine.

Single greatest reaction to receiving a knife that I ever saw.

Giving knives to "non-knife" people might just keep the public perception of knives as useful tools alive.

Those were generous gifts. But, it's only money and if you aren't using a knife and conditioned to not accumulate a lot of stuff (knives), giving is the answer especially when you feel pretty sure that the receiver would appreciate the knife and treat it well.
yeah I don't get attached to things I don't use and I knew it was going to mean the world to them ;-)
Thanks 22-RF

Giving almost always makes a person feel good.

And, like you said, now you can go get you a new knife!

best

mqqn

Reactions: BBW
Back