I got the Grimsmo purchase invite...

It's a 1000 dollar tool.

Made on a million dollar tool...

Many tools that are of a high quality are expensive, however you only have to buy it once! I wasn't trying to be rude, just curious about the lack of people seeming to use these things.

Great decision.

The Norseman is a tip heavy, flipper extravaganza. With a horrible blade shape.

The Rask is mmmmm... Average. Kind of Shiro protege . Boring for the most part, but still a better "knife" than the Chuck Norseman.

Smart decision :thumbsup:

So my name got pulled about a month ago and I went ahead and ordered one. It helped that it was a plain diamond pattern titanium scale. I love the knife. It is like nothing else on the market and needless to say the fit and finish is flawless. No regrets.

I came up in the lottery for a Norseman around a year ago and bought it. The fit and finish was perfect and the blade shape very useful. I had it for about six months before I sold it, partly due to thinking it might be a fad and partly because the pain of sharpening that particular blade shape. Well, over the next six months none of my knives ever really had that ‘X’ factor about them and none were so well thought out as far as construction IMO. So, I tracked down the third owner, who was kind enough to sell it back to me. I won’t be letting go of it again and would love to get a Rask someday.

Great decision.

The Norseman is a tip heavy, flipper extravaganza. With a horrible blade shape.

The Rask is mmmmm... Average. Kind of Shiro protege . Boring for the most part, but still a better "knife" than the Chuck Norseman.

Smart decision :thumbsup:

I checked the balance on mine and it is perfectly centered down the middle of the finger groove of the handle. I am not trying to be inflammatory here at all, I am just trying to provide information about the knife in case anyone is reading this thread and may mistakenly think it is tip heavy.

Tip Heavy - No

Flipper Extravaganza - I do not know what this means

Horrible Blade Shape - I, and many others, find it useful so this is purely subjective.

I actually dig the Norseman and would not mind having one, but I personally just don’t find ANY knife worth that much money. Have yet to see one, ever, that I would drop a grand on. If I found pocket knives that compelling I most definitely would have taken the one when I won the lotto. I did see the one they offered me on the exchange months later though. Thought that was funny.

Last edited:
I said earlier I received the lottery email a few days ago and passed because of configuration and a several other reasons that have been mostly mentioned in this thread already.

While I was think about buying it I was concerned about warranty. I was busy at work and home.. didn't have the time to research (only have 24h to decide). If my name comes up for a Rask or a Norseman in the configuration I want I'm curious about the warranty. One of my concerns was the knife is almost a grand. What if I drop in and get sand in the bearings and bust the casing of something else. Canada has knife laws I know nothing about.. other than seeing posts about people complaining about the laws. Can I ship the knife to Canada for repairs. What is Grimsmo's warranty process?

I said earlier I received the lottery email a few days ago and passed because of configuration and a several other reasons that have been mostly mentioned in this thread already.

While I was think about buying it I was concerned about warranty. I was busy at work and home.. didn't have the time to research (only have 24h to decide). If my name comes up for a Rask or a Norseman in the configuration I want I'm curious about the warranty. One of my concerns was the knife is almost a grand. What if I drop in and get sand in the bearings and bust the casing of something else. Canada has knife laws I know nothing about.. other than seeing posts about people complaining about the laws. Can I ship the knife to Canada for repairs. What is Grimsmo's warranty process?

I know nothing of Grimsmo's warranty.

As for Canada's laws, I have shipped at least a dozen knives to Canada without a single issue. I have sent them totally legit, I have sent them as "camp tools," I have sent them with super tightened pivots, and I have sent them "as is."

Never an issue.

I have some issues with the Grimsmo knives myself namely price being beyond what is reasonable for me. I like the Norseman blade shape but I don't want to deal with having to sharpen a recurve myself so if they put a simpler blade shape it could be more appealing to myself and probably many others. The Rask is a bit plain and also from what I recall of the time I handled them the larger Norseman is actually slimmer than the Rask.

I have some issues with the Grimsmo knives myself namely price being beyond what is reasonable for me. I like the Norseman blade shape but I don't want to deal with having to sharpen a recurve myself so if they put a simpler blade shape it could be more appealing to myself and probably many others. The Rask is a bit plain and also from what I recall of the time I handled them the larger Norseman is actually slimmer than the Rask.

I really like the Norseman blade shape however I do agree 100% with your sentiment. An option for a more standard drop point or something of the like would be great.

Back