I HATE KARAMBITS BUT.... CRKT PROVOKE CASWELL DESIGN NEW VIDEO PG 10

Those clones have been up for some time now, a few weeks at least. Most seem like cheap junk, but there is one that appears to be an exact copy of the CRKT knife. I actually ordered one a month ago or so ago, I've had it in hand for about 3 weeks. You got to wonder how the clones were out before the real thing....When asked the seller sort of hinted that they were made in the same place in Yangjiang City as the CRKT knife. Go figure.
The multi position kydex sheath is pretty slick though.
they probably paid the 600 bucks and got a hold of a kick starter one.

On the bright side, those of us with Kickstarter pledges will start seeing them soon... Millit posted on Instagram that the assembly process and assembled samples have been OK'd by Joe, so assembly is beginning!

Looks nice, but I struggle to find any utility in a karambit. Just seems like it would do most tasks, but in a awkward lousy way. Perhaps I'm missing something. Do people use these or collect them?

Its utility strength is as an agricultural tool.

Or the factory that makes the CRKT version is selling unmarked knives out the back door....

I believe that the CRKT version has an aluminum handle while the clones seem to have steel handles or even frn ones.

I believe that the CRKT version has an aluminum handle while the clones seem to have steel handles or even frn ones.

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised to see unmarked CRKTs show up for sale that were made by the same factory on the side or lossed for some reason or another from a CRKT production run.

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised to see unmarked CRKTs show up for sale that were made by the same factory on the side or lossed for some reason or another from a CRKT production run.
Generally when a clone comes out before the official release I get pretty suspicious.

Generally when a clone comes out before the official release I get pretty suspicious.

The really crappy clones look like they were made just from videos and pictures online, but if there are good clones out now, I bet they're CRKT copies.

Definitely steel, weighs 6.4 oz vs 6.1 oz according to the CRKT web site . If the CRKT knife is aluminum you would think that the weight difference would be much more.

The really crappy clones look like they were made just from videos and pictures online, but if there are good clones out now, I bet they're CRKT copies.
Yes, CRKT copies. Dimensions are slightly smaller though. Closed length 4.88 vs 4.96, open length 6.625 vs 7.25, blade is much thinner, .12 vs .209, blade length is 2.33 vs 2.41. So, if the numbers provided by CRKT are correct they are not made using the same tooling as the Provoke.

Definitely steel, weighs 6.4 oz vs 6.1 oz according to the CRKT web site . If the CRKT knife is aluminum you would think that the weight difference would be much more.

Yes, CRKT copies. Dimensions are slightly smaller though. Closed length 4.88 vs 4.96, open length 6.625 vs 7.25, blade is much thinner, .12 vs .209, blade length is 2.33 vs 2.41. So, if the numbers provided by CRKT are correct they are not made using the same tooling as the Provoke.

CRKTs website says the lrovoke’s handle material is aluminum.

I've been seeing clones of this design on this one chinese express site for a while now. Not sure what to make of that..

EDIT: I guess I shouldve finished reading the thread first.

Those clones have been up for some time now, a few weeks at least. Most seem like cheap junk, but there is one that appears to be an exact copy of the CRKT knife. I actually ordered one a month ago or so ago, I've had it in hand for about 3 weeks. You got to wonder how the clones were out before the real thing....When asked the seller sort of hinted that they were made in the same place in Yangjiang City as the CRKT knife. Go figure.
The multi position kydex sheath is pretty slick though.

You trust a seller of a clone knife to give you proper information?

The Provoke is made in Taiwan by a totally different OEM, and is not made in China whatsoever.

What's worse - you openly admit to purchasing a clone of a knife.

Jeeze.

Last edited:

You're going to be left unsurprised. The CRKT Provoke isn't made in China, so I very, very seriously doubt your going to see unmarked variants.

I've kept in contact with Joe, and was one of the first people to bring the clones up to him - the clones have existed longer than the Provoke has even been a thing.

Anyone get one yet?

Due to a stroke of luck, I was able to order one direct from CRKT for $100 (50% off). :)

Could have ordered 2 more at the same price but I'm not a dealer or a flipper and wasn't sure I could sell any for $150 net after shipping & any PP fees. So, I just bought one.

Was able to cancel the other order I had for one at $148 (plus tax) and just received a message from CRKT that it was shipped out today via UPS. :)

However, ETA for the delivery is a week away. :(

Last edited:
Anyone get one yet?

Due to a stroke of luck, I was able to order one direct from CRKT for $100 (50% off). :)

Could have ordered 2 more at the same price but I'm not a dealer or a flipper and wasn't sure I could sell any for $150 net after shipping & any PP fees. So, I just bought one.

Was able to cancel the other order I had for one at $148 (plus tax) and just received a message from CRKT that it was shipped out today via UPS. :)

However, ETA for the delivery is a week away. :(

Haha you've ordered like five of these knives and not actually had one delivered yet?

Looked at any maps lately? Taiwan is part of China. Jeeeze....
Taiwan (/taɪˈwɑːn/ UK also /-ˈwɒn, -ˈwæn/), officially the Republic of China (ROC), is a state in East Asia
Not the China you think of:D The population on Taiwan do most certainly NOT consider themselves part of mainland China.
Taiwan is ROC - not PRC.
Sorta kinda why they chose to live on Taiwan in the first place. Long story short, they fled from the commies after taking second place in a civil war/revolution.

Last edited:
Haha you've ordered like five of these knives and not actually had one delivered yet?

I placed/canceled 3 orders w/the Big A to try to get the lowest price. For some reason, their prices on the Provoke have varied widely. No problem canceling an order because they don't charge your CC until the item actually ships, which is one of the advantages of dealing w/them.

The Big A is still saying that delivery from them is 1-2 months out, although actual delivery should be sooner than that. Was willing to accept the last price offered by them t $148 (plus tax) but lucked into a deal provided by a CalGunner who gave me a 50% discount coupon to buy it direct from CRKT for $100 (plus tax). Free shipping in both cases. Obviously couldn't pass the 50% discount offer.

As for not receiving one yet, doesn't seem like anyone here has received one yet anyway; or at least they're not saying if they did or not.

So, I may be the 1st to receive one here if delivery is quicker than expected.

Back