I HATE KARAMBITS BUT.... CRKT PROVOKE CASWELL DESIGN NEW VIDEO PG 10

I like CRKT only because they do knock-offs of really interesting knife designs.

But karambits are unique in that they have to fit the hand perfectly to reach their potential. I've tried several karambits, but none have fit my hand right. The karambit should fit the hand like a tight, leather glove, with the blade basically being a functional claw.

This complicated, moving-parts-up-the-ying-yang design is clever and cool, but I'm not seeing the functional advantage. Maybe the upcoming reviews will prove me wrong.

All comments are welcome

Remember I don’t really care for CRKT or Karambits :)

My hope is that since this is Caswell design the standards were kept up to something he would be pleased his name is on

I’m just intrigued by the whole design and before I spend $650 on a Karambit I’d rather spend $186 :)

I'm most likely going to buy one, but I'll wait until I see reviews from people here first. For what it is, I'm not sure that the custom one is worth the upcharge. I understand why it's more expensive, but for what this knife is designed to do and how it's made, the premium materials are not justified besides someone just wanting a higher end version. But that's just my opinion.

Even if the hawkbill blade doesn't tickle your fancy, this looks like one seriously fun and interesting knife!

Or you can order the original Millet Knives made version

I would really like to have one of these for novelty/toy joy. Going to have to be way less than $200 and have some type of track record proving it won't break. Oil the joints!

OP edited by mod. My comment was no longer relevant and now being edited.

Last edited:
I've heard they're going to use different blade shapes for upcoming models. As I am not a karambit fan, I hope they come out with a more utilitarian blade. A wharnie would be nice. I'd love to play with the mechanism.

I've heard they're going to use different blade shapes for upcoming models. As I am not a karambit fan, I hope they come out with a more utilitarian blade. A wharnie would be nice. I'd love to play with the mechanism.

That’s what I’m waiting for. I hope they make good on their comment about doing other blade shapes. I hope by the time they release these pther versions they have any bugs worked out.

The other thing I am curious about is how bulky this thing is going to be in pocket when it’s folded up. I also wonder about the weight.

Does anyone know if this thing has some sort of lock that keeps it in the open position? Or is gripping it the only thing that keeps it from folding back up.

That’s what I’m waiting for. I hope they make good on their comment about doing other blade shapes. I hope by the time they release these pther versions they have any bugs worked out.

The other thing I am curious about is how bulky this thing is going to be in pocket when it’s folded up. I also wonder about the weight.

Does anyone know if this thing has some sort of lock that keeps it in the open position? Or is gripping it the only thing that keeps it from folding back up.

I'm wondering how bulky it is to, as that's a huge handle for the size of the blade imo. But I did see a blade HQ vid on this and it does have a lock.

For some reason, I really wanted this CRKT version.

But the price is just a bit too high for a CRKT production version. I told myself when I saw that CRKT was releasing a version, that $120 was my limit. So, $200 is too much.

For some reason, I really wanted this CRKT version.

But the price is just a bit too high for a CRKT production version. I told myself when I saw that CRKT was releasing a version, that $120 was my limit. So, $200 is too much.

It's super interesting that retail and MSRP are identical on this one.

It's super interesting that retail and MSRP are identical on this one.

The biggest online retailer in the world is currently offering it for a little over 20% off MSRP.

Don't know if this is a temp or permanent markdown. Only problem is that they're charging sales tax on it but the total is still 15% below MSRP for me. Says it will ship between Feb 14 - Mar 18 but, according to other sources, the knife is supposed to be available in a week around Jan 18th. Hopefully, delivery will be much earlier than stated and that they are just using these dates to be safe.

Don't like to pre-order stuff but this price is too good to pass up. At least w/this company, I'm sure that I can get an immediate refund w/o any trouble, if I find it elsewhere quicker for less, and I can return it no questions asked if I don't like it. Ordering 1 now.

Update: Estimated delivery time changed to w/in 2-4 weeks between Jan 30-Feb 14. So rumors of anticipated delivery time on or about Jan 18th appear to be correct.

Last edited:
I'll wait for reviews. Seems cool enough. I'm waiting for CRKT to start raking in cash by providing their more popular models in better materials while still making them affordable.

I like this design. I was in on the initial Kickstarter but withdrew b/c the price seemed steep. I feel that may have been a mistake.

I will buy the CRKT version, but with Chinese D2 it may cut poorly.

Interesting design, but out of my league for that type of knife.
Looks like a cool novelty, and the folding design is definitely cool, but that's custom blade money.

I’m not to worried about the bulk

I don’t pocket carry

I will have a horizontal belt sheath made for it like this possibly

This is a Yojimbo trainer in one

I also like the fact that the pocket clip lies flat until you need or want to use it

all in all it seems to be a simple well thought out design ..... we shall see

Back