I have a funny feeling I'm getting dumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of male face a woman finds attractive can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle.

For instance, if she is ovulating she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features.
However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she is more prone to be attracted to a man with scissors lodged in his temple and a bat jammed up his butt while he is on fire.

Firkin...you owe me a keyboard *not* covered in Oeros and milk.

munk said:
... I'm 48 years old, still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, (unless it's a writer)...

Did you know that our very own Bill Martino, after he quit the War Industry and before he decided to tread the path to Buddhist Sainthood, was a writer? Maybe he could give you some tips.

One of his short stories, very appropriate to this thread was called, I think "Santa Ana Blowing", it had to do with male/female relationships blowing in the wind. I read it probably 30 years ago and although I don't remember the whole story, the last scene has always stuck in my mind.

Then there was his masterpiece, a "How To" book of sexual secrets based on years of personal experience gained from not only his marriage beds but from dedicated research in various bordellos from Mexico to Nevada.

Unfortunally it's too late for me, but It seems like many of our Blade Buddies have serious deficiencies when it comes to "swordmanship" and Bill's book would be a Godsend.

The last I heard, there were several thousand copies in a dusty storage space somewhere. Now that the Mafia is no longer after him to pay back the publishing cost, I think he has clear rights of distribution. Maybe we can talk him into selling us copies.

Nasty said:
Firkin...you owe me a keyboard *not* covered in Oeros and milk.

I'm afraid that I can't accept full responsibility for the keyboard.

But I don't profess to be totally blameless.

If some of that snack came out through your nose, I think I could provide a few pipe cleaners and one or two pristine, unused sheets of Kleenex (tm).

Have your lawyer get in touch with mine.

Benaround- Bill wrote for Peterson's four wheel and off road, or Four wheeler, didn't he?

He's told me about two things- one, if I wrote like I did here I'd make a million. I think he was mostly just being friendly. Two, many are called, few are chosen.

>>>>......................

When I saw my wife for the first time, I thought, "that's probably who I'll marry." And was depressed. She was not bad looking. People at work even told me she was good looking. It was hard for me to see. A few of the regulars hit on her to no avail. She was known to be off limits. We were nurses anyway, she was a Psychology intern, for christsakes.

I delighted in breaking down her walls. I remember she lent me a book I had little or no interest in reading. (Why do people give me books? Only my Brother in law gives me ones I like, and I don't like those much. Another problem- why do people keep telling me how smart they are? I don't write it down. I'm not the arbitur of IQ in the Eastern Montana Region.) Anyway, on the back cover of this book was her phone number. I remember thinking what a dope she was for putting it there- here we were on an acute psych unit. Anyone might have found it.)

I'm not sure what happened. Did I call her? I don't think so. I think I asked her out a month later or so. But old bald Joe was in love with her. Joe was a neat guy. We were both in the AA program. I told Joe about this girl and he listened attentively. The night before we had our date Old Bald Joe (he was not old, but was bald) persuaded her to go to a concert. She went and he insisted upon holding her hand. "Well, alright, but it doesn't mean anything", she told him. Next day we had our date and I kissed her.

Joe was heartbroken. He adored her. That's when I found out he'd been listening to me about her to better reel her in. He'd been pumping me for data while I thought he just a sympathetic friend.

"How could you do that?" I asked him angrily, 'we are in the program together, we go to meetings together, what happened to honesty??!!

"All's fair in love and war.' Said Old Bald Joe.

I told Joe we were no longer friends. There was no apology from him- this seemed par for the course for Old Joe.

To this day I sometimes remind my wife she could have had Joe. Joe would have adored her. She wouldn't be in this fix today if she'd gone with Joe.

She told me not to wear a hat, as a neighbor told her it makes you go bald.

As you probably surmised, the phone number in the book was for me.

munk

munk said:
...Bill wrote for Peterson's four wheel and off road, or Four wheeler, didn't he?...

He wrote a lot of articles for various magazines. I remember him telling me all you have to do is get a copy of this book called the "Writer's Guide" or "Writer's Market" or something like that. It lists all magazines, what they publish, how much they pay, etc. Then you pick one out that interests you and write your story. You don't have to actually have done what you write about, you just have to make it sound like you did.

In his early literary career, Bill was sitting out in the Death Valley desert writing poetry. He even got a patron, some lady from the city who had publishing connections. I don't think she advanced his career very much, but I bet you a dollar he got some good material for his sex book.

So from what I've read I'm supposedly looking for someone who makes $100,000+, has scissors sticking out of his temple and a flaming baseball bat up his :eek: ......... Can I get a second opinion?? :confused:

In reality, I think you have all hit the mark on the head....unfortunately. Your observations are a real wake up call and I think maybe I should write a paper on it....something on the line of "Wake up Woman and Stop Being a B#$%^"

mamav said:
So from what I've read I'm supposedly looking for someone who makes $100,000+, has scissors sticking out of his temple and a flaming baseball bat up his :eek: ......... Can I get a second opinion?? :confused:

Of course you're confused.

You've gotten the burning part all wrong--read again carefully and you will see.

Many who report that they are in successful relationships assert that attention to the little details is of great importance.

Give the guy a fair chance, repeat the test, but do it right this time.

If the man balks, he probably wasn't the right one anyway.

Cheers, and happy hunting.

EDIT:

Note: Reliability of the test is improved if the man's wallet is removed beforehand.

Did I miss something here?

What exactly is your agenda here, Ben?

Philthygeezer has shown a lot of balls baring his soul on this thread and I'm afraid I'm just not seeing the relevance of your posts about Uncle Bill at all. If you really want to call Bill out on this forum, at least do Philthygeezer the courtesy of starting your own thread instead of hijacking his.

Dave, I think you may have misunderstood Benaround's posts. In some of them he is simply talking to me about some peripheral stuff that came up in the thread. Phil has indeed been very honest. And the advise and conversation here has been excellent.

To keep this thread focused on relationships, I started another about war stories with relationships. But you can see both here and there that thread drift is .....part of HI.

I didn't see any 'calling Bill out' stuff. At any rate, the idea of two old duffers on a sandune someplace settling a score seems ridiculous...

munk

Dave K said:
Did I miss something here?

Evidently you did. The thread is about male/female relationships. I was pointing out that Bill wrote stories and a book about that very subject. And, the book, being a "How To" manual would be of great value to those with problems in their sexual relationships.

I have no idea what you mean by "calling Bill out". Bill has been a valued friend for about 35 years. We have seen each other's lives evolve and change. I always believed we had some sort of karmic connection that probably won't be realized until several more incarnations.

Anyway, if I wanted to call Bill I would just pick up the phone.

...I think maybe I should write a paper on it....something on the line of "Wake up Woman and Stop Being a B#$%^"

'Naw Gin..., I wouldn't change anything about females. I love most of you women just the way you are :)
The mystery between the sexes is all part of the potential for fun, tragedy and growth in our lives!

Ben Arown-Awile said:
Bill has been a valued friend for about 35 years.
<the lightbulb goes on>

That adds insight to some of your earlier and more controversial posts. Always wondered why they were tolerated.

Ben was also following a loose trail of thought of my own, starting with relationships, that went I's a fool, don't know what to do, unless it's writing.

The fool observation I provided Phil on the first page of this thread to reassure him idiots had botched many relationships.

Anyway, Ben's been more than fine here.

Though self absorbed, (!!) I like to go by observable behavior. No one's feelings have been intentionaly hurt here, and that's the 'controversial' thing about former posts I objected to.

So, you see we really are in the End Days Of Man, when the munk defends the ben and the Sparrow sings with the Tiger.
Now, what's wrong with the image of two old duffers settling the score on a sand dune?

Bill recently said everything belongs here, after a poster said my comments did not. I didn't take that as meaning I was A-OK, for you see, the poster who was mad at me also belonged here.

munk

munk

If none of the posts on the forum were controversial, boredom would soon set in, me thinks.

"No harm, no foul" to quote a good friend of all of us... Uncle Bill.

munk said:
No one's feelings have been intentionaly hurt here, and that's the 'controversial' thing about former posts I objected to.

Believe it or not, it's not in my nature to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. I admit to using provocative wording in controversial topics. But the intent is to express a strong opinion to stimulate discussion not to hurt anyone. Of course not everyone works on the same level and what might produce a strong personal response from one person might send another person cowering.

It's kind of like sparring in the ring. The opponents aren't out to hurt each other, but a good stiff jab gets one in return and the exchange makes both men better boxers. If one guy takes a good hit and yells "foul" and quits, he either misjudged the hit or he probably shouldn't have been in ring at that time.

On the other hand, every opinion I have expressed is one that I sincerely believe, and I am not known for tact or psuedo-sensitivity for reasons of social acceptance or political correctness. I am not one to call a spade a diamond, and those who see diamonds where there are really spades will not appreciate my code of personal honesty and integrity.

Of course it's always possible that my vision can be clouded by my opinions, and I may see a spade when it's really a diamond. In those cases I can just say "Sorry", but I usually don't, because I'm not really sorry, I just realize I made a mistake and I learn from it.

Of course it's always possible that my vision can be clouded by my opinions, and I may see a spade when it's really a diamond. In those cases I can just say "Sorry", but I usually don't, because I'm not really sorry, I just realize I made a mistake and I learn from it>>>> Benaround

You may see a spade when it's a diamond, hurt someone's feelings, but won't say you're sorry because you're not really sorry, and it's OK because you learned from it.

We don't care you learned from it. That's not the issue. That's the self absorption you asked me about. Ben, one says sorry for a variety of reasons. If you hurt someone unintentionally you say you're sorry. People are glad to know you are not purposeful, but it is still important to say sorry. If you dropped a brick on someone's head by accident, what would you tell them? You're not sorry because you didn't mean it?

I'm trying to remember one of your more brilliant performances; someone was sick or had passed away and you stated the offers of condolences were what? I'm trying to recall. Were they unneccesary...Oh!! - they weren't helpful and were cliche's. Jeeze, was that dumb.

You owed an apology there in my opinion. And just about every man or woman, ape or cockroach who read the thread thought the same. That doesn't make the crowd neccesarily right, but in this case you were hardly the misunderstood genuis or dolt or iconoclast or whatever it is you think you are.

I've stated we have much in common. I know about shocking people, being contrary, difficult, startling and beyond the veil of the 'crowd'- whatever that is. I pay the price for my mistakes. You have too. There are many here who think you are not worth speaking to. And all for the price of saying, "I"m sorry- I didn't intend to offend you."

At many times you don't seem to have any insight or judgement about what is happening. I actually think you are worse off than myself in this respect, and that astounds me. Even Bill will tell you what a dolt I can be. ( I asked him to erase a thread once and he was busy with a difficult family situation. He did erase the thread. I sent him a chunk of petrified wood- I was sorry)

Many societal forms are ridiculous, but you don't have to be a hypocrite to tell a fellow human being-you didn't want to hurt them.

Well, Bartender, I'll be moseying off now. My job is through here. Contrary to this sometimes ridiculous identity of 'munk', I am not the official social arbitur of HI forum. Munk needs to shut up many times. And I'm not on your case, either. I had given up on you. Not anymore.

munk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back