I heard they're in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I understand this right, the LE that are going to stay in Europe will be sent directly from Lionsteel?

Is Gianni going to handel the shipment to european customers?

Thanks for the replay

All I know is they need to get their asses out of Italy and into my hands!!!:):grumpy:

So does anybody know what this additional CNC'd goodie is, that is coming with the LE versions?

Last edited:
I'm down for one of each, a Sterile LE and a production model but I have to admit I quit trying to follow this saga a long time ago.

It was making my head hurt just trying to figure what it was I was even getting, never mind even when. I just figure we'll get 'em eventually. . . .:rolleyes: :p

is the coating for the LE version the same as the Production version? sorry if this is a well known fact, I keep forgetting...

i heard from an unnamed dealer that i have already paid to, that the hest folder blades are in italy still, "but it shouldn't be much longer."

i believe this to be a reliable source, just wondering if anyone else can confirm or detest this statement. I just want mine by summer time, no rush guys. :)

i wonder if the 2nd runs will be released first? J/k rock on and patience is a virtue.

i thought they were using your horse to get them here!:d

Thanks much. But the blades are all black in colour right? not grey?

Limited Edition Sterile = Black Titanium Carbo Nitride coating

Limited Edition Mr. DP = Black and White Titanium Carbo Nitride coating

Production = black Milspec coating

The gray I think you are referring to is visible on the prototype of Tomso.
I think that it is just an un-coated D2 blade and looks gray in that lighting.

Limited Edition Sterile = Black Titanium Carbo Nitride coating

Limited Edition Mr. DP = Black and White Titanium Carbo Nitride coating

Production = black Milspec coating

The gray I think you are referring to is visible on the prototype of Tomso.
I think that it is just an un-coated D2 blade and looks gray in that lighting.

Yes, thanks for the conclusive answer (to me :p) to my query. I like grey blasted blades but I should be able to do that in the aftermarket. By Milspec would that be cerakote? gunkote? kalgard?

I got this email today from the dealer who I have my pre order with;

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update on the first run HEST Folder.

Obviously the DPx Gear/ESEE Knives split has caused some issues that has taken time which is contributing to the delay. One that I am aware of is that the packaging had to be re-done since as the ESEE Knives name could not be on the boxes. More information to follow as I get it.

At this point I am sure using a magic marker to erase there name would suffice. It doesn't need to be pretty, if it takes a month further delay. Put sticker over ESEE or color over it and ship knives.

What will dealers feel if they start getting cancellations?

Nice position for everyone but buyer to be in dealer has money from pre order and no costs, hmm, I wonder if they made prepayment to DPx ?

Nice position for everyone but buyer to be in dealer has money from pre order and no costs, hmm, I wonder if they made prepayment to DPx ?

I can't speak for other people who pre-ordered, but the place I pre ordered from isn't asking for payment yet. I belive he's waiting on confirmation that the knives are on their way to him, then he'll ask for payment.

I understand what you mean though, it's a bummer seeing a ship time come and go.

Yes, thanks for the conclusive answer (to me :p) to my query. I like grey blasted blades but I should be able to do that in the aftermarket. By Milspec would that be cerakote? gunkote? kalgard?

The Milspec Coating on the Production Version is a Parkerized Phosphate Coating used on many firearms.

I don't know that I'd necessarily call the Parkerizing Black, it produces a near black that in light shows up grey. It's a totally different method than any of the ceramic coatings you have mentioned.

I can't speak for other people who pre-ordered, but the place I pre ordered from isn't asking for payment yet. I belive he's waiting on confirmation that the knives are on their way to him, then he'll ask for payment.

I understand what you mean though, it's a bummer seeing a ship time come and go.

I paid 3 weeks ago :(

DH1: We will take the blame if that's where the dealer chooses to place it, but the split between ESEE and DPx came about the first of December and was announced on the forums on the 7th. 6 weeks ago. We were in touch with Lion Steel immediately about the box changeover. And box printing is fast. Real fast since it was a simple artwork changes and not a die cut change. So, not sure where the dealer is getting this info but there have been other hold ups with this project, not just boxing.

DH1: please email me the dealer's name who said this. We would like to talk to them direct since we have been in touch with every dealer every step of the way during the transition and even continue to get calls and communicate with them about this project. My email is jeff@eseeknives.com

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:
I will add to Jeff's post above. As a dealer I have never been informed by ESEE, DPx Gear nor LionSteel of such a reason for the delays on the production models.

Frustration of waiting causes way too much speculation. In all honesty guys, people here on Bladeforums have access to the the premium source of information, not us dealers in the background.

It should not be much longer now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back