I Like Shadetree Handle Materials

Mrs. Big Chris

I have always liked the handle material Shadetree puts out. Chris has never been a big fan. This year at Blade, I took the cash stash and found my way to their table. I got scales in Kingsnake, Drunken Coffee Bag, Herringbone, and Coffee Bag. I finally talked Chris into using some of it and here are two of them. The chopper is already spoken for.

S30V Hunter in Herringbone with Highlander Kryptek Camo Kydex

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

CPM 3V 22" OAL Chopper in Kingsnake

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

I also bought one of their grab boxes from the exchange awhile back. Chris can't wait to see what I decide for him to do with those.

While I like the handle material, I really dig the chopper! Excellent work.

I have made 3 of those choppers, and am not sure if there will be more.
After working with a couple of the Shadetree composites I have a better understanding of how they like to be worked.
There may be a place for more of their composites in future Big Chris projects, and not just the ones Mrs. Big Chris chooses.

I really like this thread!:D

Beautiful work!:thumbup:

He did a custom set for a custom that I had made for my wife and they are rockin. I'll throw up some pics later tonight.

I just received my Shadetree order of a full sheet of coffee bag burlap. It looks great and it was an excellent price. I also received a set Bacon burlap scales that Big Chris is going to put on a filet knife for me. Can't wait to check out what they have at Blade Show 2015 in a few weeks.

Here are 4 knives that I just finished, all using Shadetree CC micarta

Shredded Money

Alaskan Hunter

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

Cooks Companion

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

Oreo

Scrapper

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

F/UK

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

Damn... I like them ALL!!! That "newer" F/UK design is nice...

I'll look for the sales thread!

I am extremely impressed with my cooks companion, it has kicked out the M4 kitchen knife for everyday tasks. It's the perfect size, I'm really liking the micarta you have here.
I like both colors, sweet.

Back