I love the Benchmade Anthem

yeah, they do have a special non anodized gray one. It is in stock and for sale on Benchmades webpage but price is high. $525. If could fine in stock at another site for regular price, and should be since not anodized, then I will pick one up. Otherwise, was not meant to be.
Flitz should be able to strip the ano and give you a shiny finish. People usually use Whink or MultiEtch because they want to re-anodize, but if that's not an issue and if you are OK with a shiny finish, Flitz is a good way to go. I've used this method, myself.

image.jpeg Easy question. They replaced the Omega springs with a single coil spring which pushes a block (with an axial hole). The dangler on the block pushes against the lock bar. They had to fill the back of the knife to provide a place to anchor the spring support rod. The lock bar has 2 TORX nuts, one of which is staked, the other of which is removable. The filled back adds extra weight.

It’s new to me, but it makes sense. Using 2 cut back (to reach the nuts) TORX sockets, you can keep the lock bar from twisting while you remove the unstaked nut. This allows you to remove the lock bar. The handle is integral so a lock bar with a mushroom head on each end cannot be inserted between the handle slabs. There are no lock plates in the Anthem to guide the lock bar. In the Anthem, a slot in the frame guides the lock bar.

View attachment 1363918 Easy question. They replaced the Omega springs with a single coil spring which pushes a block (with an axial hole). The dangler on the block pushes against the lock bar. They had to fill the back of the knife to provide a place to anchor the spring support rod. The lock bar has 2 TORX nuts, one of which is staked, the other of which is removable. The filled back adds extra weight.
Thank you tiguy, I really have been out the loop, wow.

It’s new to me, but it makes sense. Using 2 cut back (to reach the nuts) TORX sockets, you can keep the lock bar from twisting while you remove the unstaked nut. This allows you to remove the lock bar. The handle is integral so a lock bar with a mushroom head on each end cannot be inserted between the handle slabs. There are no lock plates in the Anthem to guide the lock bar. In the Anthem, a slot in the frame guides the lock bar.
Got it, I misread your original post and thought you meant the bar holding the rod and spring was staked. Makes sense that the lock bar itself might be staked on one side. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Got mine this past week and while enjoying it am not yet wowed by it. It has such a free action it takes some practice to close it without it slaming shut then bouncing back open again. My well worn 940 does this a little so I just need to get the timing down on releasing the lock bar. Very nicely made and I like how the clip looks on it. Will be a nice gentleman's carry....well, if I were a gentleman AND had somewhere to carry it. It is getting plenty of fidget time here at home though. Glad I gave it a try as when it first came out it did not appe a l to me. Tastes change over time

Back