Recommendation? I need a knife

I need a new bushcraft knife in the 4-5" in range. I like mora style handels. Hate large choils an I don't like coated blades.

A Mora that you like, and have the funds for?
(you don't give a budget)

Cold Steel Finn Bear? The handle is similar to a Mora Classic with wood handle, but has a "diamond" cross section.

I am a fan of Mora, and do own Garberg, Kansbol, Buchcraft survival and few others. If I were to recommend one from Mora, I would suggest the Bushcraft survival, it's reasonably strong with perfect balance. No 2 with Carbon steel is also a great choice, ultra light weight and inexpensive.

If you fancy a full tang, instead of Kansbol or Garberg, I would recommend the Condor Terrasaur. The fit and finish may not be as good as Mora, but much better balance than Garberg and less expensive as well.

Svord%20Deluxe%20Drop-Point%20Knife%20-%204.75%20Inch%20-%20Mahogany%20Handle%20Model%20370BB%20copy.jpg

(370BB) Drop Point 4 3/4
Length of Blade (inches) 4 3/4"
Over All Length (inches) 9 3/4
Blade Shape Drop Point
Handle Material Mahogany and Brass
Steel Specifications 15N20
Blade Thickness (mm) 2.2mm
Sheath Leather
http://www.svord.com/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

The Terävä Jääkäripuukko sounds like it’d be a really good choice, plus overall I think it’d still come under budget.

Another option is Tops. They have a lot of knives that could work. I’d recommend their Scandi Trekker, or a BOB.

Varusteleka jaakaripuukko. 80CrV2 steel. Under $40, or under $70 with a really nice dangler sheath.
This knife is not handsome, but really pleasant to use.

Edit: I see somebody already got there. One more vote.

Truth be told, Mora 511 at $9, or 510 Allround at $13 is all you really need.

Last edited:
Reactions: vab
Randall model 12, 6”, no choil. Randall model 5, great knife once you get the bevel and edge just right, the choil doesn’t bother me.

You got lots of good recommendations so far. Lamnia has a good selection of bushcraft knives in your price range. Also look at ESEE and Fallkniven.

Last edited:
Back