I need help - Survival Knife

One doesn't see great advice often in forums but this time, I think you got really solid advice.

Yes toughness is indeed a very important criteria but I am more looking for a multi task survival knife, like I said the one you would take if you only had to pick one

To me, neither of the knives mentioned above fit the criteria most knowledgeable people consider a "survival" knife, or the criteria you mention in this post for your needs. They are both just plain-jane knives with very little multi-role built in. Though with their soft differential heat treat the TOPS will bend and crimp rather than break under stress and be much easier to field sharpen on whatever so there is that. I've had experience with both companies and with the BoB in particular and wouldn't choose either as a survival life I hung my life or my kids' lives on. If I was going to spend that much I'd go with Falkniven for as production knife, but so far the Ontario MK-3 MOD 0 and the Gerber Strongarm that live in my get home bags have left me more satisfied than anything I have ever gotten from either of the two companies you've selected, and to m y thinking suit the role of "survival" knife much better, and either can be had for less than $100 and what you save could be spent on other gear. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Back