I NEED TO SAY MASSIVE THANKS TO ALAN AND PAUL

WOW!!
I just could not believe it when I received a package from Mr. Paul Hilborn the other day...

I sorta use and abuse Paul a fair bit- its fun although I should feel bad about it?...theres no way in hang that I do...not one little bit! lol
seriously though - poor Paul ... hes a very busy man and yet he has to deal with my knives getting delivered to his place- where he holds 'em, then sends them off to me once they start to amount to a few or so....

Well lets start from the beginning.... Alan ( joeradza ) sent Paul a Knife to gift to me..... and Man what a Knife!!!!
I couldnt believe that Alan could let this beauty go!!! Alan Sir.....Thank you so so much for such an amazing Knife- this Knife is going in my pocket tomorrow!
Beautiful Stag.... wicked Main on these Whips!!! I really LOVE this Knife!
Alan...again a MASSIVE SHOUT OUT to you my friend- this is a beaut!
Alan also included a note and some Coins that he took me down the road to understanding them- I really appreciated that as I find thos coins even more so interesting now!! Amazing thoughtfulness by a wonderful guy - Alan.

Check out this gorgeous Knife!..

KEq5DvG.jpg

Xry9cWm.jpg

Wow...that Sleek little Blade - Whew!!
9d3J7HA.jpg

u3fNiaX.jpg

Yeah...
km7qvMd.jpg

I will start a thank you Thread ( Give-away Next weekend as Alan's and Paul's generosity has me needing to do this to kind of pass it on ).

Mr. Hilborn...
Now we all know just how generous Paul is- if there is a CHARITY thing going on - Bang!...he's there always wanting to help, in saying this Paul must feel EXTREMELY sorry for me because he wont stop buying me knives, after receiving Alans 13 Stag- ans just sitting in shock- I had to contend with the PILE of Knives rthat Paul sent me......get this...

TC Ancient
Ebony Lambsfoot from our Jack Black
Translucent Horn Pruner/ Ettrick
Stunning old KK HJ
Stag Churchill

Now Paul...this is simply unbelievable - its like a years worth of knives all together by Paul and Alan!!!
Paul- each of your picks are just bang on- we know each others likes very well, and you nailed it my friend.

Jack Blacks amazing Ebony Lambsfoot- the Ebony is Deep and Dark- the Bolsters have a massive Rats-Tail, This will be added to my Rotation of EDC's my friend!

Oh man that Stag Churchill, Paul...I have heard you talk about them many times, I didnt take much notice - until I heard you talking about how much you love yours- so I checked them out with detail- " Man...Nice I thought", I didnt realise just how nice until I got my hands on this one, this and Alans 13 Whip are accompanying me for the next three days!.

Pruners- Paul and I love 'em, Paul bought me this awesome Translucent Pruner on one side and such differentiating colours on the other- normally I do NOT like mismatched Handles- but with Horn - it doesnt matter because each variant you get does the aesthetic trick all day long - Yup! Love it- with that little weapon of a Blade - perfect for when I am in the Workshops helping "Bag" Cars up in the Booth- these Pruner Blades scream through the plastic as we mask the Plastic up! Thank you Paul matey.

Charlie's SFO's ...well I am guessing that Paul and I are not the only ones who go mental everytime Charlie drops another Bomb on us- Keep that going please Charlie! Well, paul and I usually try to get one of a series each for ourselves- whoever gets in first- gets one for the other and so on...Paul has got to the post the last couple of times, I am asking Barry to ban Paul from having conversation with him until such time I kinda even hope to catch up :D

Anyways.... Paul THANK YOU for this wonderful ancient- the thoufght was amazing...but I feel I must return this knife back to GEC,

Somehow it missed the QC.... somebody's beat the hell out of the pins- they look like somebody took a Hammer to them :eek: :eek: Whats with that?? they also somehow forgot to check the Bolsters or even try to polish them- cause Man..Chernobyl or what? :)
Another thing!
man...they forgot to turn the Swedge machine off- the darn Swedge nearly runs all the way through the back Spring :eek:, that with unfinished Bone Handles!! WTH!!

Ok ...on a more serious note OH MAN....AWESOME...this Ancient is awesome, we know it's very hard to actually get one of Charlie's TC' and turn them into users- these Ancients because they replicate the early, early Barlows production - it begs to be used!

Keen Kutter HJ
Paul knows very well just how much I want my HJ's to be the center line of my collecting, Paul saw this gorgeous old KK and picked it up for me, Paul....its a Fantatsic piece- honestly- it's been used but still retains 90% of the Main, The long sleek Punch has been used- and used well too- which is always neat to find an old HJ, and know its been used back in the day for what it's intended purpose was.
Thank you for this Ebony sleek Beauty my friend.....

Heres the line up!!! OMG Paul mate.....

8eHyItW.jpg

Stag Churchill - Beautiful ( Churchill and beautiful have never been possible to put together until now )..
BlqRcZ5.jpg

Looking for Wolf Whistle Emoticon...

Lgql7us.jpg

Beautiful Solid Lambsfoot commisioned by Mr. Jack black = Wow! Sharp as hang too!
( pictured with another non-Rats Tailed Lambsfoot I bought )
qGgLkxk.jpg

lDYV98w.jpg

Check out the Translucent Handles on the Mark Side!!! you can see the Liner - looks amazing "in the Flesh"...( pictured with an ebony example )
EhRobJ4.jpg

The other side an array of Colour!

sZVyR2u.jpg

Beautiful Old HJ! Beautiful Walk and Talk on this Ol' Girl!
Wow...Paul Thank you so much...

dUhOa05.jpg

J3VFj57.jpg

zjwlxwL.jpg

Gentlemen....thank you so so much for these treasures, that they are.

Fantastic knives! I shouldn’t be surprised anymore at the generosity and fellowship that is constantly on display here. No place I’d rather be than on The Porch!

That's like a decade of Christmas's in ONE July! Awesome.

There’s only one problem with friends like that......you’ll have nothing to complain about:D

Nicely done on all accounts, the givers and receiver!!

I believe you have named off some mighty fine people in this community, and I would add yours as well.
And, some beautiful knives to boot.

OK Duncan take a deep breath ;) :)

You must be a great friend too, in order to elicit such friendship to yourself. :thumbsup:

This pair is especially nice, though I must admit to being hard pressed to pick a favorite from those posted here.

Cheers. Ray

Last edited:
Stunning knives! Congrats on such generous friendships! This is absolutely the best online community I've ever came across, bar none:):thumbsup:

Wow that is good stuff right there. I haven't been here long but I have already witnessed amazing acts of kindness and generosity amongst the members. I truly enjoy reading all of the stories about knives and good will.

These are the types of actions here at the porch that make me proud to be a Bladeforums member.
I don't think there is another online forum as friendly and giving as the Porch.
Top Notch!!

Burnt Stag.

So nice to see this kind of thing. I echo all good sentiments stated all over this form about the Porch.

Outstanding. Truly a pleasure to witness. Some very fine members here.

As others have stated, I'm humbled and honored to be a member on such a great board..

Congrats on the knives and more so on the fellowship. Great bunch.

Thank you for the pics and the tale!

Back