I never knew those tabs on the side of SAK pull out

I think I've seen preppers put sewing needles in those slots. Heaven knows what else.

Don't feel too bad, man. It took me years to figure out the same thing. Granted I was a kid when I got mine, but still, it was just a few years ago when I pulled out the tweezers to my own amazement. Pretty nifty right?

He already said he feels dumb, but in his defense, not all SAKs have the toothpick and tweezers.

You feel dumb? Try as I might I can't find them on mine...

14920900330_c90072f236_c.jpg

:confused:

The ones with the translucent scales were the only reason I figured out about the pin. Not pen.:D
Thanks, Neal

Wait until you find the slot to slide in a straight pin.

(Hint: It's a small hole in the scale, in the recessed area where the philips driver or corkscrew lives.)

Well I'll be hornswoggled! I never noticed that on my SAK "Tinker." Are you kidding, is that a vent hole or is that actually meant for a straight pin

(I woudn't feel bad about not noticing the toothpick or tweezers. I worked at a knife shop at one time, and it's not uncommon for someone to not notice those.)

As far as I know, its purpose is for holding a pin. That's what I use it for and I've seen other people do the same.

Hornswoggled is a good word.

The ones with the translucent scales were the only reason I figured out about the pin. Not pen.:D
Thanks, Neal

Ok so you completed challenge #1,

Now can you figure out how to use that wire stripper built into SAK cap lifters?

My Cybertools all came with a pin in that hole. I assumed they all did (at least those with the same scales).

If they do come with a pin stored there, retention is terrible. I've bought a bunch of used SAKs, and less than 10% of the ones with that hole have had a pin in there.

Back