I post here very little as this Hosted Forum gets little use!

For those that wonder why I post so little here the answer is very simple. This forum gets very little interaction between viewers and I. I do not know why it never seemed to take off but that is the simple fact. One of my collectors set up a Facebook site for Art IN Stone collectors and frankly it gets viewers and/or comments nearly every day. So, although I do stop in on this forum every day I am spending most of my interaction time with knife enthusiasts on the ART IN Stone Facebook site.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtInStone.Redrummd.StoneKnives/?ref=bookmarks

I do plan to keep this site as it has a better way to track "history" and to "stickie" threads of interest. I will also still check it daily to see if there is anyone out there...... ???

For those that wonder why I post so little here the answer is very simple. This forum gets very little interaction between viewers and I. I do not know why it never seemed to take off but that is the simple fact. One of my collectors set up a Facebook site for Art IN Stone collectors and frankly it gets viewers and/or comments nearly every day. So, although I do stop in on this forum every day I am spending most of my interaction time with knife enthusiasts on the ART IN Stone Facebook site.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtInStone.Redrummd.StoneKnives/?ref=bookmarks

I do plan to keep this site as it has a better way to track "history" and to "stickie" threads of interest. I will also still check it daily to see if there is anyone out there...... ???
I check out this thread from time to time. I love your work! Stone is a beautiful material for knife handles when done as well as you do it! I will try to participate here more.

Well I do check in here every day still!
mIKE, I LOVED THIS SITE AND STILL USE IT TO GO BACK THROUGH YOUR THREADS AND READ THEM. I REALLY MISS THE 2 PHOTO ALBUMS THAT I COULD LOOK AT SOME OF YOUR EARLY WORK AS WELL.

Gene,

When they "upgraded" the site they did not keep the albums and it just is not worth the time to reconstruct them again.

Do you have a favourite type of stone to work with? Are some types of stone easier to work than others, or do most have about the same work-ability?

Just about every stone type works differently and Jade is the most complex with even pieces from the same site often working differently. Jade is my favorite stone to work with due to how tough it is to work with and it's durability as knife scales.

Back