I quit

How can I get my money back? This site is too difficult for me. Just want to show off my knives and chat with other knife guys, but I can't deal with this. I shrank my pics as small as they'll go and I still get an opps something went wrong with no explanation. I spent hours trying to post two pics. I'm done. I quit. I want my thirty bucks back. I don't care if they delete everything I posted in the one day since I signed up. I don't care if they ban me forever. I want out!
Edit:
Well...thanks for all the advice, folks. I figured out how to resize my pics and post them from my phone, which isn't ideal, but it works. I've never been good at figuring out these sites. I still have a hard time with Facebook. Even the step by step tutorials seem to be in a foreign language. Anyway, I do enjoy reading the forums here. I've been hanging around for about five years and have learned a lot. I only recently paid for a gold membership, thinking it would somehow make it easier to post pics. I do have a lot of knives to share, some I made or modified and some I bought.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
How can I get my money back? This site is too difficult for me. Just want to show off my knives and chat with other knife guys, but I can't deal with this. I shrank my pics as small as they'll go and I still get an opps something went wrong with no explanation. I spent hours trying to post two pics. I'm done. I quit. I want my thirty bucks back. I don't care if they delete everything I posted in the one day since I signed up. I don't care if they ban me forever. I want out!
pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

If you change your mind, you might try using an image hosting site like Imgur. Upload, copy a link, paste a link; works like a charm. I do that even though (like you) my membership level allows me to host my images here.

I agree, though too.
I have upgraded my membership for that added "benefit" without any success.

being forced to use an outside app.

maybe certain devices that works better than others? not on Android operating devices, idk?
Ive struggled with many hours as well getting frustrated with keep cropping, and cropping, and cropping........ It's just a stupid knife picture, and my device Isn't a new fancy High resolution camera..... I think it really sucks.

but I know this is My way of realizing that I am starting to get old.

Use imgur or another photo host like everyone else. There are guides how to do this all over the forum and a google search away.

I would very surprised if this sites software didn't have the ability to auto resize the uploaded photos so no resizing would be required by the user. if it doesn't then it's probably behind on updates and that would be concerning too

I'm a member of another site that lost a bunch of photos when a hosting site started making people pay for their photos (we all know who they are). they lost a bunch of technical write ups and valuable information so the site admin turned on the feature to allow uploading directly with the server automatically resizing the photos so it didn't take up too much space

I screen shot the pic on my phone, crop the extra parts of the of the screen shot out and post directly from my phone

Don't know if that will help, but hope it might

This works for me as well on my Android.

Prior to doing this, I played around with the aspect ratio of my phone's camera to find whichever produces the photo with the smallest file size. "Full" was the winner.

That smaller original size seems to be more consistent in producing a screenshot that will upload on the first try.

If you’re using an iPhone, go to “attach files”, then “photo library”…select the photo you want, go to bottom of screen where it says “show selected” (above “actual size”). Click on “show selected”, then “actual size”…and select “small” “medium” or “large”. That will shrink the picture down from photos you’ve taken. As a rule of thumb, I crop the photo down as far as I can, and then usually when I pick “large” it’s small enough. If not, “medium” will work… usually.

I screen shot the pic on my phone, crop the extra parts of the of the screen shot out and post directly from my phone

Don't know if that will help, but hope it might

That sounds really goofy screenshotting a picture I already Have on my device, but I will try it tonight.
thanks...... I hope this works.

Can I buy out his/her remaining gold membership for pennies and add it to my own?

Host the photos on a free site like Imgur.

Click on the individual photo, click share, copy the photo.

Click the mountain logo above, click tgw paperclip looking figure 8...paste the copy in the box and voila!!

It is easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Don't rage quit and take your ball and go home!!

They won't give your money back just because you can't follow the many instructional threads that tell you how to post pictures.

Plus you get to sell knives and other items with your gold status!!

Might as well figure out how ro post...as rhe money is spent!!

Every time I renew gold, I think of how the $$ is the best investment in entertainment I make every year!!

I've learned to make sheaths, knives, how to heat treat, how to forge, etc, etc....

Met makers, become friends and makers...

Absolutely the best site for knife knowledge on the internet!!

Last edited:
I would very surprised if this sites software didn't have the ability to auto resize the uploaded photos so no resizing would be required by the user. if it doesn't then it's probably behind on updates and that would be concerning too

Try to upload some photos and be prepared to be surprised 😮. It’s one of the most frequent issues brought up here.

The OP is not asking for advice they are pitching a hissy fit as they walk out the door.

Try to upload some photos and be prepared to be surprised 😮. It’s one of the most frequent issues brought up here.
I spend a fair amount of time on this Neolithic site. The inability to post pix is the most frequent complaint. Many posts lack pictures. You almost have to be a nerd to post photos. I figured out a way to do it, but the convoluted process requires 3 devices. I am not sure how long my technique will work as goal posts have been moved in the past. I think the content of this site would improve dramatically if it was more user friendly.

Last edited:
I spend a fair amount of time on this Neolithic site. The inability to post pix is the most frequent complaint. Many posts lack pictures. You almost have to be nerd to post photos. I figured out a way to do it, but the convoluted process requires 3 devices. I am not sure how long my technique will work as goal posts have been moved in the past. I think the content of this site would improve dramatically if it was more user friendly.

Yea, pretty much feel the exact same way. I only use my iPhone so I run my photos through a resizing app then upload here. I think they look decent on my phone but I have no idea what the size looks like while viewing on a computer.

Back