I remember a koyote, can't find a pic

I've been trying to remember this knife for a few days now... This was from a few years back. It was before the exchange was reconfigured and it was for sale in the knifemaker's exchange.

leuku bushcrafter pattern
forged look, not polished except for the edge, really awesome figuring
I think it had bog oak scales
I think it was a special anniversary or number in a series (e.g. knife number 1000 or something)
It's not that shorter leuku pattern with bog oak that's been on the exchange in the past couple weeks (that one made me think of the one I can't remember)

If anybody can help me out here, it's driving me crazy! I've been kicking myself for a long time for not buying it.

Did you poke around the works in progress and available threads? Could also go in the for sale section and search for posts by koyote...

Did you poke around the works in progress and available threads? Could also go in the for sale section and search for posts by koyote...

I've gone done both of those, but no luck. I sort of remember Christof having a problem with a computer a while back, maybe during the move? Maybe the link was broken or the pics aren't on the server any more?

Anyone else remember this knife or am I going crazy?

leuku bushcrafter pattern
forged look, not polished except for the edge, really awesome figuring
I think it had bog oak scales
I think it was a special anniversary or number in a series (e.g. knife number 1000 or something)

Well.... We're only in the 500's, so it wasn't number 1000... Bellow is number 300, was that it?

300-0001.jpeg

I remember those pic's and a beautiful knife, but not it. Thanks for helping my madness though!

Well.... We're only in the 500's, so it wasn't number 1000... Bellow is number 300, was that it?

300-0001.jpeg

Thanks Sierra for looking back for me!

Man, that is really close! The blade patina is right on, but I remember the scales being darker than that... and this is crazy, but I remember the blade pointing the other way... so that could be it and maybe I'm just not recognizing the picture. Was that knife offered in the exchange?

I'm really remembering bog oak, because I had never heard of bog oak before that.

Do you happen to have any other pic's of that one or of others with bog oak scales?

BTW -- I've owned a couple of Koyotes (stead knife, bird & trout), but I'm still looking for "the" leuku bushcrafter. I love the ergos and the blades, and of course the sheaths were amazing! :)

That is amazing looking...

right?! I think that might be it, but the picture doesn't quite match what's stuck in my head.

You aren't thinking of the Simplicity are you? This thing is the bomb...

http://koyoteknives.com/node/69

That one is awesome as well! I remember it too. There is something really bada$$ about the dark scales and forged finish.

The one I'm thinking of had a bit more of a built in guard to the handle/blade shape.

Sierra, do you want to list Christof's old photo gallery so he can check by number? I always check this by the numbers old.koyoteknives.com/photos I know it is a long shot but you can search the 200's, 300's, 400's, etc

Sierra, do you want to list Christof's old photo gallery so he can check by number? I always check this by the numbers old.koyoteknives.com/photos I know it is a long shot but you can search the 200's, 300's, 400's, etc

Yeah, you can search through the photo index if you so desire. They're organized by serial number. It starts in the 200's, 03xx/ goes to the 300's and such. At the very bottom, older/ goes to all the knives prior to #200.

http://old.koyoteknives.com/photos/knives/

good luck!

nice! I didn't know this existed. Thanks for the idea!

Yeah, you can search through the photo index if you so desire. They're organized by serial number. It starts in the 200's, 03xx/ goes to the 300's and such. At the very bottom, older/ goes to all the knives prior to #200.

http://old.koyoteknives.com/photos/knives/

good luck!

Thanks Sierra! I think you already found it, but now I'm gonna have to look at em all. :)

Well, that was fun! I remember many of those from watching the exchange. Very cool to see the evolution of "Koyoteness".

This is definitely the knife. THANK YOU FOR FINDING IT! Now I know I'm not crazy. Well... maybe just a little. I think the scales might be wenge? Not sure.
300-0001.jpeg

Not sure where the bog oak thing came from... maybe I had it combined with this knife in my head. (Is this one even bog oak? Not 100% sure.)
460-002.JPG

I also figured out that I owned #106 and #379. This was like looking through old family picture albums. :D

#106 koyote pic
106-1.jpg

my pic -- I love how osage wood ages.
jkkosterkoyotemar2011.jpg

#379 koyote pic
379-0001.jpeg

my pic
img4001hf.jpg

Anyway, thanks guys for helping me with my problem!

Well, that was fun! I remember many of those from watching the exchange. Very cool to see the evolution of "Koyoteness".

I'm glad you had fun: :D

I'm not a handle material expert, but I *think* this one might be the elusive Bog Oak:

535-01.jpg

I like this one. What's it called?

That is the Wilderness Model 1, otherwise known as the Leuku Bushcrafter.

I'm not 100% on the handle material, all I know is I made a dark brown Explorer sheath for a Leuku Bushcrafter with Bog Oak handles a while back. This seems to fit the bill, but we'd have to get Koyote on here for confirmation... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back