• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I speak upon all americans today

I know I'm really late, but If you would take a soldier, and ship to APO, i would like to be in...

At this point, I think we're all just waiting for the OP to sober up enough to realize what he did. I don't envy him that.

LOL Samael. I read what you said to the plastic butterknife guy/commentary (AL G Benny had me laughing), THEN I read what you said & again, rolled all over the place watching you two take pot shots @ eachother. Then...hey wait, you started talking smack about me too.

Well Buddy....*Pulls Up Pants* Let me tell you something. (I think you're cool man.)
You folks must be some really good guessers! I might of had just one or two beers that night (ALL police & medical personell will laugh now) and then read the report about we all know what.

Dude, I saw the news, after my 15 hour binge of sniffing D2 dust, mixed with a little 1095 as a chaser & finally washing it all down with #2 beers. I totally came to pieces, one of those "You know where you were" moment things when I heard the news.

*SPECIAL NEWS UPDATE* I don't normally form complete sentences in that particular fashion, the morning of 05/02/2011, but given the context regarding information of Bin Double Tap's Death, I got a little silly. And I'll do it again too.

This is just my own personal way of extending my own thanks and appreciation, to a great bunch of people. Plain & simple, I'll sweat for you........Once ;)
& Let's all get something really cool in our collections.

Everyone has been really, R E A L L Y inspirational with their wonderful, yet creative comments, lol.

I had some great offers of help, taking pretty much everyone up on it for this task.
"You'll be got in touch with" A retired police sargeant should be contacting everyone shortly. He TOTALLY stepped up for our common endeavor. More soon everyone (w/ how to pay/guidelines/ETA) & thank you sincerely.

This is a pretty incredible thing you're doing Bad Boy, makes me even more excited I got into the first 50 on the other post!

Between the two threads, I'm #55 posting at 7:17am. Not very good at grinding yet, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Folks, just by way of update....while Bad Boy is starting on the blades, I'm working on the list for him. I will be getting emails out to the people who have first shot at this offer either today or tomorrow. In the interim, I do need a little help though. Could anyone who posted here, that is deployed or active duty military please email me at apdb90@gmail.com. I'm trying to figure out how many of these are going to have to be shipped to APO's, etc., and quite honestly, those folks away from their loved ones, in harms way, and actively fighting this fight for us are guarantee'd a knife even if I have to pay out of my own pocket (I won't because I know Bad Boy feels the same way, but you get the point) Please include your screen name so I can cross check it on the list.

Thank you Apdb90, sincerely.

Ok guys' Just getting the information out there:

Alright there fellas, there's an update.

Took me all week between my various assigned duties, special meetings, and what not, to get back to you fine folks for this update.

Here's where we're at on the Commemorative Celebration. The First 50, should receive, and individualized email from me, or an individual named "John". We know who you are.

I had a Police Sargeant, who answered to the call of duty, took charge on a big part of this project, just to make sure, his brothers were protected and that Santa's list was right, or else he said he was going to lock me up. So what I gunna Do? I said "OK SIR"

To the rest, this has nothing to do with you being brothers or not. Just email me, let's stay in good Communication..I mean,shucks, don't make me........Mad. I hate being mad. Everything around me just.........goes away.

I appreciate the forum members, please have the wisdom to see through, how good I feel about this great event. Our Baddest Boys rose to the occassion, and apparently, made it look easy. They even brought their dog.
Knife Forum Tribute to Navy Seal Task Force 6:
My Fellow Americans,

Each and every one of us has finally closed a dark chapter in our American history. This chapter, didn't end at the end of a book, it wasn't told about in a history class, we lived through this dark cloud hovering over this country, since 911. This is our story, we will share with future generations.

To me and I think many, that dark cloud, was not fear. That dark cloud was not hate. To me, the name of that dark cloud was indifference.

I'm working on the design now. We're going w/ an EDC sized Wharncliffe design. When the offer was made, I can think back to 3 brothers, who immediately, were ready to take charge. A Dollar Knife, could it be possible? Has it really come down to this, AMERICA?
You just gotta have faith brother. To all Brothers out there, by golly, that dark cloud has ended.
Who wants the #1 spot NOW? No Formal Application neccessary.....lol & don't call us, we'll..............____________(Fill in blank area, with your own name & Ideas).

Here are the terms:
First 50 postings to the add, get the $1.00 knife offer. There was a HUGE response to the add, more than even the Bad Boy expected, but I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the kind, encouraging fellas, that wanted to take part, just showed up, late.
I'll figure out something w/ those fellas, so we can all have the opportunity to commemorate this event as forum members together.
Let's be brothers, let's go back to that day, when a stranger opened the door, looked you in the eye, and you didn't wonder, why he opened that door............Just wondered why everyone didn't do that all the time?
We Remember & know what America is, has done & that this great chapter, in our story to our children. Is just a place in time, about our America.

Let's pay tribute, and get to cuttin' We all know what this is about.

I end with Thanks to Each and Every One of You. You are my chosen, brothers. Thank you again.

How about this: Start a new thread and link to it in the last post of both current threads. Then, close the old threads so everyone from both threads can continue in the same thread?

PS Still an awesome project you are undertaking. Thank you.

Last edited:
Renew the celebration gents...it's been one month since our SEALS took the trash out!

-Matt-

should we have already received those individualized emails, or are we in a holding pattern still? Thanks!

-Matt-

I’d like to say something, now that the air’s cleared… because I wanted to say it as soon as I saw his drunken “honoring SEALS” post but decided not to for reasons I’ll explain below.

When a random guy out of the blue wants to start some massive tribute to American heroes (firefighters, SEALS, etc.) and needs your help, that's a red flag warning. Why? Because –unless it’s the widow of a fallen SEAL or something like that—it's usually just a low-life egomaniac trying to get cheap respect (and free money). It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. Why? Because who would be against a tribute to SEALS? That's the scam.

If you want a good, high-profile example, read about this guy: http://www.wgmd.com/?p=29443 He was making the rounds at all the big parades with his "9/11 tribute truck." Yup, apparently just some random guy who suddenly dedicated his life to the cause of recognizing and honoring SEALS and firefighters. People were inviting him to speak and show his truck at events all over the country. What a noble cause, right? A one-man crusade to honor America’s heroes. How touching. What eventually got him busted was his claim that he was a SEAL himself.

And I’m sad to say that I know of such a guy personally: the "director" of the so-called Lincoln Highway National Museum. http://www.lincoln-highway-museum.org/ I met him a few years back in D.C. when he was practically begging anybody in Washington who would listen to recognize his work and direct funding to his "organization" which comprised of exactly one person: him. He does not have a PhD, prior museum or research or academic experience, or anything else that one would think might make him qualified to be the director of a national museum. Let me tell you his scam:

Basically, every year or so, he drives across the country in an old fire truck, plastered with American flags, and asks people for money and attention, all in the name of "honoring" firefighters. People buy it, hook-line-and-sinker. Because this bizarro fire truck shows up in their town, and this guy gets down, raises the fire ladder, and slowly and symbolically hoists a massive American flag. He then comes down and tells the folks about his mission to honor fire fighters. They are touched. They start to cry, ask him if he needs anything. Well, as a matter of fact… it just so happens that he sure could use a meal and a place to stay and a little gas money. Do they know a mechanic who could work on his truck? The next thing you know, the local papers are there snapping photos and writing stories about it and the local repair shops have decided to dedicate an entire day of labor to rebuilding his truck’s engine. So this dumbass gets his 15 minutes of fame, free food, respect, some pretty ladies crying and fawning over him, and money. Then he drives on to the next town. If you do a quick web search, you’ll find lots of articles by Podunk local papers (and, pathetically, a few national newspapers) drooling over this guy. I still shake my head that he’s still getting away with it. He won’t get hammered because he’s not claiming to be a SEAL or anything. His lies are very careful, basically convincing people that he’s a respected academic, the director of a museum (which is actually just a storefront in a strip mall), and a patriot. And when he shows up in a city with a 1964 fire truck covered in American flags, it’s definitely newsworthy… so I can’t say I blame the journalists for writing about it; I just wish they’d fact-check a little bit.

So when I read this guy’s (Bad Boy Productions) drunken, uber-patriotic, emotional post about wanting to make knives for $1 to honor SEALS and wanting people to give him a dollar, I immediately knew what was going on and wanted to respond and trash him, but by then a hundred members had already replied, thanking and supporting him... so I didn’t post my reply.

Frankly, I was afraid I’d probably get pelted with rocks and eggs by the entire forum and then banned for daring to question someone’s well-intentioned patriotic tribute to SEALS.

I think it’s great to honor SEALS. It’s okay to honor SEALS in your own way, quietly and personally. For example, you can contribute your hard earned money to well-established funds that exist already like the Navy Seal Foundation http://nswfoundation.org/mission.htm. A dollar spent there might go to the child of a fallen SEAL and help him pay his way through college, which is an excellent way to honor a SEAL. If you know one, then thank him. If not, then don’t go looking for a SEAL to thank, and you don’t need to make knives for them. They’ve got all the equipment they need.

Anyway, the lesson here is to be very suspicious of random people who want to start massive tributes to American heroes for no apparent reason besides their own overabundant patriotism. It’s an old trick. I distrust anyone who wraps themselves in an American flag and shouts at me... you should, too.

A Navy Seals Commemorative blade of some sorts? You bet I'll give you a dollar for one. Sign me up and tell me where to send the dollar!

The spirit of your offer is enough for me. Though I'd love one of your knives, you are too generous. I'll drop my request and let someone else slide into this spot... one of your knives for a single dollar is a steal, and I just wouldn't feel right about your doing such fine work for so little in return. I'll be back for one of your blades at a later date... your overwhelming generosity has sold me on a future knife.

Last edited by timcsaw; 05-05-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Karma.;)

Back