I STILL Have Zero Tolerance for Winter Hiking...

Zero Tolerance ZT 0102 and ZT 0561 that is. :D
(And yes, it's technically not winter, but there's snow, so close enough ;) ).
So let's get to the bit of wilderness at the city limits. :)

Wolf or Coy-wolf ran away just before taking this picture:

i5RbVpv.jpg

Walking along:

wj0VZIG.jpg

5yxAwwL.jpg

vJ4Eqan.jpg

What's that's sprouting from that deadwood over there?

mtvQ9jq.jpg

U35Gadz.jpg

YQAp9i1.jpg

More walking:

gbZJUj5.jpg

Axe posing for pics again:

798EC1V.jpg

TvfyuXa.jpg

Frozen pond:

KpSwhBa.jpg

Okay, headed back into the city proper to another location.
Fell down a hill that had an awesome combo of layers, with ice, mud and snow. Neat!

Walking along down the path I find a homeless shelter/cabin built into the side of the hill. Has a "balcony" structure jutting out from the hill...the back has been dug into the hill and squared-off (initial structure built over a year ago, then removed, with new occupants this year). Fully winterized, looks like.

They even dug steps into the side of the hill, which made it easier getting to the top to head to the coffee shop.:thumbsup: Said "Hello" as I passed, but no one currently there (or not awake). Saw one guy scavenging further down the trail).

vxp3j0S.jpg

kV29te2.jpg

wfoNqjz.jpg

At the coffee shop, some junky was about to try getting into my backpack at the table while I went to get napkins. Being in a humanitarian mood, I just went back, grabbed my stuff and moved it to another table more in my sight lines.

Final picture of the day:

GcRufIj.jpg

All in all a good day.
Nice hiking around, didn't get hurt falling down the damn hill, and I saw the sketchy junky before he could steal any of my stuff...and the coffee tasted good too. :cool:

Last edited:
Nice combo!! I love my 102...I generally keep in in my vehicle so I have it at all times for hiking, camping, or road emergencies...you know, the kind that require a tactical hatchet:)

Nice combo!! I love my 102...I generally keep in in my vehicle so I have it at all times for hiking, camping, or road emergencies...you know, the kind that require a tactical hatchet:)

Good choice for something to keep in the vehicle. :thumbsup:
And unlike many "tactical" hawks, the ZT 0102 is actually a useful tool. :)

Back