• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I think I got ripped off (CNCGunner aka Johnny2Glock) -reopened-

First off I have thought a lot about weather I should post anything here. I have done hundreds of online deals on several forums and this is the first time I am having concerns, I am starting to think I have been scammed out of a expensive knife and need advice on what to do next. I really hate to drag some ones name through the mud and have considered all the possibilities of what went wrong. So here's what happened......
On June 1 I was offered a trade by Johnny2glock, my Strider sng for his Busse SAR3, that is the knife I wanted and went ahead with the trade. At first he thought I was a scammer because I had sent him pictures of my Strider that the previous owner had sent me but I guess the previous owner had offered the same knife to him before I got the knife and he was justifiable concern, if I was sent the same exact pictures from two different people. I took new pictures and we emailed back and forth and worked out the trade I offered to ship first because I know as the new guy on this forum I needed to earn trust among the members, so I shipped priorty mail June 5. Well of course my luck the tracking for his knife was showing the knife was in New York and his address is in Nebraska, post office still has no idea what the issue with tracking was
On June 7 as I was sending updates of what I could find out from the post office he responded that the Strider had arrived and was awesome and would get me the tracking on my Busse knife but had to wait until Monday 10th to ship due to the weekend.
June 11th I emailed for updates and got a quick reply

"Hey Im sorry about the lag I will get your tracking info to you asap! You will have the Busse by friday you have my word.
Thanks!
John H"
I emailed for updates again June 15th and 17th. June 18th I got a reply he was in the Colorado mountains and would find out where my knife is and let me know.
I emailed yesterday and today June 21 that the knife did not arrive and to call, text, PM or email me and still no reply.

So it has been 11 days since he was supposed to ship my knife out and 20 days since we started the trade, and email responses are not happening. I fully understand if he is out of town he may not have tracking numbers but he has not answered me if he sent it USPS or UPS. I still am holding faith in the honor system and this will work out and hope all is well with him. I think I have been patient and just want my Busse or the Strider back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the delay, I can understand you asking. I have an idea though that this one is going to work out all right.

People need to start communicating better. This issue seems to be gaining momentum here and it's absolutely unacceptable.

Roamingaz may be sort of new here but he is a longtime regular on other forums that many of us BF members are on. I've traded with him and everything was smooth!

The amount of time is unacceptable without explanation. Anybody should/would have cause for concern. Hope it works out for you.

The part that made me start to wonder is we had over 30 email exchanges before he got his knife then when it comes to my knife the emails basicly stop and he has yet to tell me he actually shipped it or offered any tracking info after I have repeatedly asked.

The part that made me start to wonder is we had over 30 email exchanges before he got his knife then when it comes to my knife the emails basicly stop and he has yet to tell me he actually shipped it or offered any tracking info after I have repeatedly asked.

This would have me worried, too. Hope he's not pulling a Snowreaper.

Roamingaz, sorry to hear about your situation! Unfortunately, it sounds eerily similar to what I'm experiencing with this same seller. On 6/11/13 I purchased 2 NMSFNO sheaths from Johnny2Glock (thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...chined-Black-Yellow-G10-Kydex-Leather-475-TYD! )

Initially I e-mailed asking if he'd separate the sheaths from the knife. He was very quick to respond. Once we agreed on a price, he was again very responsive in providing payment instructions. In looking back, what I believed to be "responsiveness" could have well been anxiousness. For example, he provided his PP info at 3:43pm & followed-up with a second e-mail at 4:03pm asking if the funds had been sent. I informed him I'd send payment after work, and did-so at 7:72pm that evening. This marked the last communication I've received from him. Waited 10 days before sending an e-mail asking if he'd shipped the sheaths & if so, that he please provide tracking. Followed-up with a private message reiterating the same points. Unfortunately, like you, neither communication was met with a response. & According to his member profile page, his last log-in was at 9:53AM today - so at the very least, I'm confident my PM was received.

I sympathize with you in your situation because it involves an item of far greater value than 2 sheaths. Prior to stumbling across this post a few minutes ago, I too was giving this member the benefit of the doubt and holding onto hope it was an error with the Post Office, etc. Now, in light of what I've read here, that nagging feeling in my gut telling me I've been scammed seems increasingly accurate. The last shred of hope I have that this is somehow all a big misunderstanding, is that on his profile page John Horner represents himself as a US Marine and a professional "Grunt". If this is true, I believe our worries are unfounded and that John will quickly clear-up all confusion. Because IF he's a Marine, then he lives by the same code of ethics and honor that was instilled in me...and would rather die than to ever be categorized as a phony or a thief. Same holds true for every Marine I've known or had the honor of serving with.

Time and his actions will clearly demonstrate who and more importantly, what he is....or isn't. We'll see....

I really hope it works out for both of you. What is concerning to me is that all of Johnny2Glocks posts have been related to sales, trades or feedback. He also has minimal feedback. This usually sends up a red flag for me.
Keep us posted.

I am sad to say I have an addition to this depressing tale. I payed Johnny2Glock for a NMSFNO on the June 11th and it has not arrived. I sent a message June 20th requesting a tracking number. Still no response. The worst part for me is that I am stationed in Germany and have very little time to follow up on this. :(

Roamingaz, sorry to hear about your situation! Unfortunately, it sounds eerily similar to what I'm experiencing with this same seller. On 6/11/13 I purchased 2 NMSFNO sheaths from Johnny2Glock (thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...chined-Black-Yellow-G10-Kydex-Leather-475-TYD! ) ....

Well that reaffirms my concern that he is a thief and I guess he should be put in forum timeout until this is settled with both of us. I did a quick Google search for Johnny2glock and he has a YouTube channel and found he has posted on a lot of different forums and claims to be recently out of the Marines.
I don't know that there is anything I can do at this point. The address I sent my knife to is a PO box in Beaver Crossing Nebraska.

Well that reaffirms my concern that he is a thief and I guess he should be put in forum timeout until this is settled with both of us. I did a quick Google search for Johnny2glock and he has a YouTube channel and found he has posted on a lot of different forums and claims to be recently out of the Marines.
I don't know that there is anything I can do at this point. The address I sent my knife to is a PO box in Beaver Crossing Nebraska.

I just sent you a PM with a phone number that Johnny2Glock sent in a PM. Let me know if you have any luck getting through. If anyone has any information on the recourse I might have for this situation please contact me. Thank you.

Last edited:
I think you all got ripped off! Hopefully the mods can help get this worked out.

What seems to be a recurring pattern is the high frequency of communication before the deal (plenty of emails as well as fast response/turnarounds) once the deal is done your side, the person goes dark.....
I hope this works out for all
P

If someone wants me to send my knife first,I will back out of the deal.I have had ppl say send yours first so I can decide if I like it.How about NO.Hope your deal works out,I hate a thief.

Chains

Trouble is that a scammer can get you to do that anyway... Agreeing to ship on Monday and you ship and they do not.. you have essentially shipped your knife first.
P

Too many people with the same.story.
Sounds like another one of those bad internet
Stories.

UPDATE

I tried calling the number that I was given to no avail so sent a text I was fixin to file a police report, he almost instantly responded back to calm down and not to be worried he would have tracking info by this afternoon. He swears he is a man of his word and has been out of town with limited internet, sounds reasonable to me so I will keep you all posted.

Last edited:
You have his address, start sending him boxes of dog $hit daily.
Sorry to hear about this. I hate thieves, and would like to introduce them to my Emerson.

Back