• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I think I got ripped off (CNCGunner aka Johnny2Glock) -reopened-

Hope he does what he should have done..

Moral of most GBU stories can be good or bad: agree to send knife,

1. Instantly be transported to places to places with no phone or internet coverage....good for wanna be travellers..
2. Have all sorts of personal problems that will obviously get in the way of a 2 minute phone call or 20 keystrokes on a PC

Seriously, as a university prof, the excuse that I hear all the time is "I had a family emergency".. Code for "I cannot do what I said and don't want to communicate any further about it".

This kind of crap in GBU is natural progression of this acceptance of these excuses.

Just sayin

p

Seriously, as a university prof, the excuse that I hear all the time is "I had a family emergency".. Code for "I cannot do what I said and don't want to communicate any further about it".

It happens.

I got back from spring break one year a long time aqo and got a phone call ... I had to leave word I was going back home, my grandfather had died.

I know stuff happens, I am a truck driver and when I am on out of town runs internet is hit and miss. Also 2 years ago I got very ill with meningitis and was in the hospital for 18 days and right before I got sick I had listed some stuff on ebay and they sold and of course I wasn't doing anything online so when I got home to recover I had some angry people and paypal disputes to work out.
I am giving this guy a chance to make good and believe he will, if not I'm out a $300 knife and will move on.

UPDATE

I tried calling the number that I was given to no avail so sent a text I was fixin to file a police report, he almost instantly responded back to calm down and not to be worried he would have tracking info by this afternoon. He swears he is a man of his word and has been out of town with limited internet, sounds reasonable to me so I will keep you all posted.

I find this to be totally unacceptable. Being out of town seems to be a common excuse lately and is completely WRONG!!! He had a responsibility to ship to you with the same speed and attention to detail you provided to him.....me thinks the text message and the coming together of other scammed customers has smoked this guy out of his hole. Here is another person I won't do business with.....however, I've dealt with roamingaz and found him to be completely above-board and trustworthy in every respect. Best of luck my friend.

IMO if you agree to a deal it is your #1 priority to get that knife shipped out.There are too many excuses going around, oh i can't ship because of this or that, if i can't ship the next day if someone buys a knife from me or we do a trade i tell the other party involved BEFORE they buy from me or ship anything out. Also most people have cell phones this day in age swap phone numbers, I give my cell# out to people who I do business with and tell them if you have any problems call me, a 30 second phone call can do what 15-20 emails can't. OP I hope you get your knife back I really do , IF he doesn't have your tracking info then he hasn't shipped the knife out yet right? I would ask for the busse you are owed or at least your strider back + shipping cost, and be done with this guy, I really hope everything works out for the best for you.

He was going to give you tracking info today? I've never seen a post office open on Saturdays, I would go ahead with taking some sort of action with his local police department regardless of what he says, it's obvious you can't believe anything the guy is telling you.

He was going to give you tracking info today? I've never seen a post office open on Saturdays, I would go ahead with taking some sort of action with his local police department regardless of what he says, it's obvious you can't believe anything the guy is telling you.

Really? All of the PO's around here are open 8-12 on Saturday. I have shipped many items on Saturday's because I work during the week and could not make it there Mon-Fri.

Really? All of the PO's around here are open 8-12 on Saturday. I have shipped many items on Saturday's because I work during the week and could not make it there Mon-Fri.

Must be different down here, because the post offices are closed down here on sat. Always have been for as long as I can remember.Not arguing just saying it's different in places I guess.

Just received an update from Mr. Horner stating he's been out of town without comms. Assured me he'll be providing tracking info STAT. A bit confused how none of these items arrived if they were shipped prior to this extended mountains hiatus(?) The time-line defined in Roamingaz's correspondence makes it what, a week? But hey, I said before - time will tell. Hoping for a positive outcome...BUT, gonna keep my PayPal claim active...just in case :-|

Roamingaz & Alpenwoe: sent you both PMs with additional info. Thanks!

Wow this got out of hand really, really, quickly. First off my deepest apologies to all who feel they have been wronged in any way, I am NOT a scammer in any way and this is all pretty troublesome. I have been buying and selling online for almost 10 years and have never had any major issues. I had a last minuet (New job hopefully) visit to Colorado this past week and JUST literally walked in my front door, logged in, and found this all going on on BF. Wow. Everyone needs to calm down a little bit. I have absolutely nothing to hide, am a former Marine, and a man of my word. I just spoke with AZ earlier, Alpen is in Germany, I shipped his knife via USPS to the address he provided, I have been deployed before and it would almost always take several weeks before we got stateside packages. The sheaths and SAR3 also have both been shipped and as soon as I figure out who's is who's I will be sending tracking numbers to everybody. Again I am NOT a scammer and yes I have not been in comms the best but am now back and am not making any excuses or trying to "duck out" of anything.
-John

Last edited:
UPDATE

Mail came today and my Busse has arrived!

Even though the postmark on my package is June 20, this could all been avoided by communication.
For me this matter has been resolved, mods you can close or delete the thread.
Everyone else, thanks for the support this is a great forum with some really great folks.

Last edited:
OK, guys: now hear this!

It's bad enough we get bystanders talking like a lynch mob when the issue is in doubt. Now that a knife arrived, and even the OP says the thread can be closed, is NOT the time for vulgar insults. That kind of talk is out of line outside of Whine & Cheese at any time.

I received an email from John explaining the situation. I am going to have to go with the benefit of the doubt on this one. I think John has learned the importance of communication.

In the end, communication proved to be the key, again.....

You have his address, start sending him boxes of dog $hit daily.
Sorry to hear about this. I hate thieves, and would like to introduce them to my Emerson.

I received an infraction for this. Really, are kidding me.

My message.
Dear deog,

You have received an infraction at BladeForums.com.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
Unacceptable.

First, please keep language in these forums family-friendly.
Next, suggestions like this are crude and if acted on are illegal.

How about this, mr mod, ki$$ my arse.

I received an infraction for this. Really, are kidding me.

My message.
Dear deog,

You have received an infraction at BladeForums.com.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
Unacceptable.

First, please keep language in these forums family-friendly.
Next, suggestions like this are crude and if acted on are illegal.

How about this, mr mod, ki$$ my arse.

Yes, you got a 1 point infraction for your usage of improper language in a discussion forum.
Now you have a 40 point mod sass infraction for more profanity and sassing a moderator.
Another post like this and you will be gone.

Back