• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I think I got ripped off (CNCGunner aka Johnny2Glock) -reopened-

I received an infraction for this. Really, are kidding me.

My message.
Dear deog,

You have received an infraction at BladeForums.com.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
Unacceptable.

First, please keep language in these forums family-friendly.
Next, suggestions like this are crude and if acted on are illegal.

How about this, mr mod, ki$$ my arse.

Better yet, how about you grow up. Realize you are painfully new here and you don't seem mature enough to hang out peacably. If it's too much to ask for you to follow the simple rules, you bet just get on your way and don't look back. Your childishness isn't impressing anyone, I guarantee you that.

Who doesn't know that swearing is inappropriate language??? Maybe deog is from England where you can say those words in TV. Now sassing mods: that's not allowed in any country!

Who doesn't know that swearing is inappropriate language??? Maybe deog is from England where you can say those words in TV. Now sassing mods: that's not allowed in any country!

There should be no excuse for not knowing the rules of bladeforums that all members are expected to read and understand.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/f...ts#faq_faq_infractions_inappropriate_language
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=faq_infractions_lists#faq_faq_infractions_sassin

All members should take the time to read what is posted here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=746&a=98
http://www.bladeforums.com/copyright2.shtml

On June-21 a thread titled "I think I Got Ripped Off" was started because a member believed he'd been scammed in trade deal.

[Thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ot-ripped-off-RESOLVED?highlight=johnny2glock ]

The following day, the member received the knife in question and the thread was subsequently closed. But in the 2 day period it was active, myself and one other member posted concerns about purchases we'd made from the same individual, "Johnny2glock", because the items hadn't been delivered and all requests for status updates had gone unanswered. Shortly thereafter, we both received communications from Johnny2glock assuring us his intentions were good and that tracking info would soon be provided.

This other member and I both agreed he should be given the benefit of the doubt and we're still awaiting the respective outcomes of our transactions. The reason I'm posting this is because the original thread received a significant amount of attention and feedback from other members. Due to the fact an individual's integrity and reputation were called into question in conjunction with 3 separate transactions, and because only 1 of them has been resolved, I feel it's only fair & right that members be apprised of the eventual outcomes.....for better of for worse.

Though additional time has passed, and I have yet to receive tracking info or any further correspondence from Johnny2glock, I still hold onto the belief that because he's a Marine, he will make good on his commitments. Either way, I will report back when additional details are available and will message the aforementioned other member asking him to do the same. At that point, east least everyone can formulate their opinions based on all the facts.

In closing, just want to thank the overall community here on Bladeforums for how its members look after one other. Even though I spend w-a-y too much money here....it's why I spend it with confidence :) So thank all of you who take an active interest in these matters!

I am the one that started the other post and only closed it because it started to get out of hand, maybe the mods could reopen it?
I feel this guy Johny2glock should be banned and I would not do any business with him. I did receive my knife a day after starting the thread but he still owes 2 other members their stuff, one is deployed overseas.
In my opinion John Horner (jonny2glock) is a liar, even though he followed through and I got my knife, his stories just don't add up. He was supposed to ship my knife on the 10th and supposedly he went on a trip to Colorado and had shipped the knife before he left and he would not respond to any emails and never gave me tracking info. He ignored my emails and phone calls but responded when I texted him that I was filing a police report, his excuse was he was not able to get internet but he did log in here and somehow my knife shipped itself on the 20th.
@notlaw07, I hope you get your stuff and if not maybe file a report with the Seward County Sheriffs Dept. And take some comfort in knowing that you have my support as well as the vast majority of this forum rallying to get him to do the right thing.

I am the one that started the other post and only closed it because it started to get out of hand, maybe the mods could reopen it?
I feel this guy Johny2glock should be banned and I would not do any business with him. I did receive my knife a day after starting the thread but he still owes 2 other members their stuff, one is deployed overseas.
In my opinion John Horner (jonny2glock) is a liar, even though he followed through and I got my knife, his stories just don't add up. He was supposed to ship my knife on the 10th and supposedly he went on a trip to Colorado and had shipped the knife before he left and he would not respond to any emails and never gave me tracking info. He ignored my emails and phone calls but responded when I texted him that I was filing a police report, his excuse was he was not able to get internet but he did log in here and somehow my knife shipped itself on the 20th.
@notlaw07, I hope you get your stuff and if not maybe file a report with the Seward County Sheriffs Dept. And take some comfort in knowing that you have my support as well as the vast majority of this forum rallying to get him to do the right thing.

Thanks Roamingaz! Really appreciate the post. Been holding-out in hopes that Johnny2glock would follow-thru on his promise to provide tracking info, or at the very least, an update....especially in light of the emphasis that was placed on "communication" in your thread. Because I haven't heard from him since he briefly resurfaced last Saturday, I sent an e-mail and PM asking that he either provide me tracking info (showing the sheaths in route) or issue me a full refund. -Still no word.

Due to his service background, I've been trying hard to give John the benefit of the doubt. But I sent payment 15 days ago, and despite several attempts to establish communication, the only correspondence I've received was on Saturday following your text threatening to file charges against him. Bottom line: After this experience I would refrain from doing any future business with John Horner, and would advise others accordingly -- no matter the outcome. But it's not too late for him to make things right by either sending me & this other member the products we're owed, or, issuing us a full refund. At least then, he could save some face and potentially maintain a decent standing on the forum. Otherwise, I'll pursue my claim with Paypal and let the mods determine his fate.

Either way, I appreciate you taking a continued interest in this matter, even after your issue was finally resolved. I'll be sure to provide updates as anything new occurs. Thanks!

Johnny2Glock now has one week to address customer issues and take care of matters with his customers before he will banned.

Johnny2 Glock has contacted me to say that all items he's sold have been delivered.
If you have any unresolved business with him, report here in this thread.

Johnny2glock replied to my e-mail at about 10:30pm and provided tracking info. Though I'm unable to locate the package, the USPS system does show the item as having been delivered to my address this afternoon. Due to the existence of another residence with the same physical address as mine (differentiated only by the East/West suffix), it isn't uncommon for the postal carrier to confuse our mail....which is why I always stress the importance of tracking info. Fortunately, I've come to know the other homeowner pretty well; so I'll give him a shout the morning to confirm what the on-line tracking data shows. From there I'll provide, what I hope ends-up being, my final update to this thread. Then we can all go about our lives!

Would like to point out though that USPS shows the package was sent on 6/24 at 3:30pm - 13 days after I paid for the item. Had I simply been informed of the delay prior to it occurring, most of this would've been prevented. Had I even been told Saturday the item "hadn't" in fact shipped, but it would the following Monday & that tracking would been provided, I wouldn't been thrilled about the unannounced delay, but it would've satisfied concerns over the transaction's legitimacy. But in the absence of communication, there's comes a point where one can't help but to grow suspicious...especially when an extended period of time has elapsed. So in the end, I think Johnny2glock will prove himself not to be a thief or scam artist...BUT, there's no question he could, & hopefully will, be more candid about details in the future (i.e. If something hasn't shipped, say it hasn't shipped. It's misleading (at best!) to say tracking is available when you know it isn't); & most importantly, maintain contact with people so they're not left to conjure-uptheir own conclusions. Others can't be expected to know your quality of character or your intentions, so it's best to prevent doubt from ever occurring. ....Just my 2 cents :)

Thanks again to my fellow members for your support and the mod for your assistance. Will follow-up in the morning....

Johnny2glock replied to my e-mail at about 10:30pm and provided tracking info. Though I'm unable to locate the package, the USPS system does show the item as having been delivered to my address this afternoon. Due to the existence of another residence with the same physical address as mine (differentiated only by the East/West suffix), it isn't uncommon for the postal carrier to confuse our mail....which is why I always stress the importance of tracking info. Fortunately, I've come to know the other homeowner pretty well; so I'll give him a shout the morning to confirm what the on-line tracking data shows. From there I'll provide, what I hope ends-up being, my final update to this thread. Then we can all go about our lives!

Would like to point out though that USPS shows the package was sent on 6/24 at 3:30pm - 13 days after I paid for the item. Had I simply been informed of the delay prior to it occurring, most of this would've been prevented. Had I even been told Saturday the item "hadn't" in fact shipped, but it would the following Monday & that tracking would been provided, I wouldn't been thrilled about the unannounced delay, but it would've satisfied concerns over the transaction's legitimacy. But in the absence of communication, there's comes a point where one can't help but to grow suspicious...especially when an extended period of time has elapsed. So in the end, I think Johnny2glock will prove himself not to be a thief or scam artist...BUT, there's no question he could, & hopefully will, be more candid about details in the future (i.e. If something hasn't shipped, say it hasn't shipped. It's misleading (at best!) to say tracking is available when you know it isn't); & most importantly, maintain contact with people so they're not left to conjure-uptheir own conclusions. Others can't be expected to know your quality of character or your intentions, so it's best to prevent doubt from ever occurring. ....Just my 2 cents :)

Thanks again to my fellow members for your support and the mod for your assistance. Will follow-up in the morning....

I find the entire situation pertaining to Johnny2glock to be completely unacceptable!! Not only was his communication darn-near non-existent, but he lead his customers to believe he had shipped the items he sold prior to his "mysterious" absence....he just forgot to forward shipping information. Come to find in both cases that I've read above that the items shipped after he was pushed to provide tracking information.....bogus. I'm former military myself and this lack of honor and integrity is deeply disturbing. In my case, I ship either the day of the sale(if possible) or the very next day and tracking is forwarded to buyers the moment I have the ability to do so; if there will be any type of delay(almost never happens due to prior planning) I immediately communicate with the buyer so everyone is on the same page. I hope you are made whole here notlaw107, but I guarantee I will never do business with this seller.......

Quick follow-up to inform everyone that I did receive my sheaths. Picked them up this evening and am pleased with their condition. Plus, Johnny2glock threw-in a tek-lok that wasn't originally included. Want to thank him for that gesture & let him know as far as I'm concerned, all's well that ends well. Had some serious doubts along the way, but in the end, I believe he's probably a decent guy that didn't intend any harm - just made some bad judgment calls.....which, I've certainly been guilty of a time or two. But I know I learned from them...by never repeating them. Hoping some good comes from all this...

I find the entire situation pertaining to Johnny2glock to be completely unacceptable!! Not only was his communication darn-near non-existent, but he lead his customers to believe he had shipped the items he sold prior to his "mysterious" absence....he just forgot to forward shipping information. Come to find in both cases that I've read above that the items shipped after he was pushed to provide tracking information.....bogus. I'm former military myself and this lack of honor and integrity is deeply disturbing. In my case, I ship either the day of the sale(if possible) or the very next day and tracking is forwarded to buyers the moment I have the ability to do so; if there will be any type of delay(almost never happens due to prior planning) I immediately communicate with the buyer so everyone is on the same page. I hope you are made whole here notlaw107, but I guarantee I will never do business with this seller.......

Wsjwiger,
Appreciate your feedback and for your well wishes for a positive outcome. Like you, I served my country; and like you, I believe the oath we swore doesn't cease to exist just because the uniform came off. Appreciate those who reflect this in their actions vs. their words, and agree it's our responsibility to hold each other to a higher standard. So, thanks again!

As for this thread: my issue's been resolved so it's up to the mods where it goes from here. I know Alpenwoe hasn't weighed-in yet on the outcome of his transaction. He did mention being on travel OCONUS for a month and having limited accessibility -- could be a factor(?)

I am glad to hear this has been worked out for 2/3 thus far. Even if it goes 3/3, we all appreciate this thread. It gives us a chance to make an informed decision about which members get our business. I would probably pass on this guy unless he really, really has something you want. But good for him for making it right.

Also, Lol at the one point infraction explosion.

I'm also new here but had the same experience exactly. Product was fine on arrival weeks later but.... I was told the item was shipped, I asked for tracking, was not given the number until multiple emails and weeks had gone by, only to find out it was not shipped until the day I received the tracking. While the product I received was as indicated the communication was inaccurate at best.
If I had already built a good rep here I would use stronger language. This was my first purchased on BF and it was a bad experience. Luckily another member redeemed my faith with our transaction.

I'm also new here but had the same experience exactly. Product was fine on arrival weeks later but.... I was told the item was shipped, I asked for tracking, was not given the number until multiple emails and weeks had gone by, only to find out it was not shipped until the day I received the tracking. While the product I received was as indicated the communication was inaccurate at best.
If I had already built a good rep here I would use stronger language. This was my first purchased on BF and it was a bad experience. Luckily another member redeemed my faith with our transaction.
Did you buy something from the same person (johny2glock)? I noticed he had some knives for sale recently and wanted to warn folks but decided to stay quiet.

I call BS on the user name change. I think it is OK for Members who become service providers to do it. But for a guy to change his name because he doesn't want to be found out about his past transgressions , Plain wrong I am shocked that that passed the sniff test.

Back