I think these people need your help

this is a heckuva thread lol - anyone who thinks AK's suck hasnt spent anytime w/one, they do anything but - have prob killed more people than any other assault rifle around. sure, they aint a MOA rifle, but so what? they aint meant to be - beat it, kick it, abuse it, fail to maintain it, pry w/it, soak it in mud/water/etc - do what ya will, and i bet it still functions, and will shoot at least a 4" group at 100 yds - try that w/ an AR/FN FAL/G3/etc - it works. its cheap, and its simple to use - thats why its the most prolific assault rifle of the last 60+yrs

stopping power?? read blackhawk down , they (the US rangers) gripe about the bad stopping power of the SS109 rounds, often taking 4-5 rounds w/no effect - wasnt that way w/the 7.62X39 i didnt read about a single ranger taking 3 rounds and still fighting i dont think.....

just because the AKM aint pop in the uS for SWAT teams, dont think its not in other parts of the world, it is...............

hey. i love my Colt CAR15 , bought it in about '87 and have shot the heck out of it, its a great gun, but it is not as reliable as an AKM, it has jammed, more than once, while my 2 AK's have NEVER jammed, kinda like my glocks - in fact the whole comparison is like glock/SIG, the glock aint as accurate but he sig aint as reliable, in my experience, though both are fine weapons

but to say the entire AKM family is junk, thats silly/ridiculous/absurd, and is not true............

just like saying all stoner design weapons are trash, its ABSURD.........

knives?? sure striders are great, sure they are high $$, but i spent $500 on a crawford Ti KFF, so i guess its not that big a deal to me......plan to get a strider GB later this yr, are they the best on the market?? best for what?? are they really good knives?? of course. are they worth $350? they are to me - everyone has diff tastes i guess

but, imho we shouldnt make absurd statements (ie all AK's are junk) if we wanna be taken seriously, because anyone w/an interest/knowledge of assault rifles, knows, deep in there heart, thats B$

sifu

Finally sifu a man of wisdom shows up with a great deal of posts here to his name...

I like the question about strider too, "Best knife for what?"

It is tense posting here for me, as I do not feel welcome at all, and many things I have said are twisted and added to by others, so I will let it go at that.

Also screen names have been challanged, here alone at this site.
Thanks for the words of wisdom.

William McKay aka Mac_Muz

my .02 on this thread -

lotsa guys in this forum (strider knives) know mick and the guys and WILL take it personally if anyone disses strider knives - hey they like the man, they like the product, ya cant blame them - i havent read the posts on AK net, etc , but i would bet one word led to another and that along with some people registering false SN's etc have led to some hard feelings........among all, might i add, everyone seems PO'd

BF really is a friendly place, but they (we) can flame w/the best, and like i say, many take it personal about strider.......

hopefully tempers will cool soon, and we can all be buds again, like we should be - too damn many people think contrary to the way we do (ie gun rights, knife rights, personal liberties) that any infighting amongst ourselvse only strengthens them, remeber, divide and conquer.........

ya gotta choose your fights carefully, and i'm not sure 'AKM vs AR' or 'gerber knives vs strider' (i know an oversimplification i know) is the right battle imho

hope all cool off, and get back together like we should be

by the way i check out AK net upon occasion, have found some real good info, and seemed like a great bunch of guys - i dont go there often, into knives now, only so many hours in a day lol

best wishes to all

sifu

Great post SIFU. There are great differences among us, but like you said, we would be better off finding some common ground instead of dweling on the differences.

The way I see it, those of us that visit these places are much more independent than those who are against our self preservation instincts. There are going to be head butts. I think the disagreements are fine as long as we don't let them get out of hand.

Dennis

Back