I TRADED A GLOCK FOR A KNIFE ........

Okay here we go

as a user we kept the etch light

the tang is tapered and he used marble carbon fiber from Matt Diskin sculpted and shaped and than wrapped with a carbon fiber ito

the butt Is tapered to make it ideal for striking and it lays in the hand very well

there are a few domed pins that are a nice touch

the carbon shaped bolster area is ideal for indexing as well

With my EDC

m
ore on the sheath tomorrow but you can see it in front of my left hip in this pic

I can even lay prone on it and it disappears

Last edited:
Dude ...nothing against Glocks but I think you got the better end of that trade!

Awesome stuff, JParanee. I love Mirable's blades so much, more than any others in the world! I got a single-barrel one-shot 12 gauge boomstick I'd trade, but something tells me that's not going to be good enough. :D

By the way I sent him a forge-welded san mai titanium sword billet me and Keffeler made at Schempp's place, with Herculean effort, I might add. o_O just because I so much want to see a Mirable blade made from something like that. Can you imagine what it's going to look like? I can hardly stand it just thinking about it. You should give him a stern talking-to! :eek::mad::D

Also @Lorien I'm now really curious about your self-defense oriented knife design. o_O

Those are nice. I traded some dead presidents for mine. I like how they've sort of evolved. Thanks for the help. I'll post a family shot with the John Gray when this arrives.

qeIuZDGl.jpg

lYUTEo1l.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome stuff, JParanee. I love Mirable's blades so much, more than any others in the world! I got a single-barrel one-shot 12 gauge boomstick I'd trade, but something tells me that's not going to be good enough. :D

By the way I sent him a forge-welded san mai titanium sword billet me and Keffeler made at Schempp's place, with Herculean effort, I might add. o_O just because I so much want to see a Mirable blade made from something like that. Can you imagine what it's going to look like? I can hardly stand it just thinking about it. You should give him a stern talking-to! :eek::mad::D

Also @Lorien I'm now really curious about your self-defense oriented knife design. o_O

Hi Sam

I am anxious to see it as well my friend I hope you and yours are well

I’ll stay on David for you :)

Those are nice. I traded some dead presidents for mine. I like how they've sort of evolved. Thanks for the help. I'll post a family shot with the John Gray when this arrives.

qeIuZDGl.jpg

lYUTEo1l.jpg

Glad I could help and the Damascus one you snagged is a keeper

keep me posted on arrival

Knife for gun trade is on my list of things I haven't pulled off yet. Good looking start. I like how he flipped the cable to get the dots instead of the usual streaks.

I finally did it! Simple three piece hunter for a cheapo Savage Axis 243 for my two teens to deer hunt with.

Sorry boys late to the party. Joe my friend JParanee JParanee you and Jason keep this up and we're gonna have to make ya honorary cowboys! Trading is a DNA thing for us, can't help it. Just traded this hunter off for some concrete work here at the house.

pL6a1Ds.jpg

While the folder below was a pre assembled kit knife, I put the elk scales on this for a buddy and had the engraving done, my end of a trade for a reata, a braided rawhide rope like the one in the picture. I only had that reata for about two minutes and I traded it to a bit and spur maker for this pair of silver mounted spurs.

JzSPQee.jpg

CYLg7ZW.jpg

This pretty young lady came up and worked hard in the shop for quite a few days, mostly cleaning up after my messy self, in exchange for learning how to make her own leggings that she is wearing here. She did all the work except the sewing and some of the cutting of the leg fringe.

puJ12e8.jpg

niZ9mgd.jpg

Ol George here was part of a trade:

Owp9fkE.jpg

When I asked the former owner if so many $$$ would get him bought, he said: "Yeah, plus one of your knives."

Just a few examples. Good tradin' guys! We need to go hat shoppin'?

Back