I wanna throw up...lost Emerson

So, being very patriotic this week, I broke out my old Emerson CQC-7 that I had carried with me through a 15 month deployment to Iraq. To say this knife and I went through a lot is an understatement.

It had sad times...like When my roommate was killed, I used that CQC-7 to cut his seat belt after we were hit by an IED.

It had happy times...like when I opened a package from my wife that had my wife's ultrasound pictures in it.

I retired the knife, but for some strange reason decided to stick it in my pocket yesterday. I spent all day out and about. I spent half the day on a tractor baling hay. The other half I spent helping clean up flood debris.

I got home late last night and the knife was gone.

I've always held a soft spot for Emerson and Spyderco, as I basically carried one or the other all around the world.

Losing this one hurt.

Sorry to here this. It sucks losing any old knife but losing one with sentimental value is the worst.

Wow, that is a VERY tough loss! I don't suppose there's any chance it's in the cab of that tractor? If you lost it in the latter half of your day, chances sound awfully slim....

-Steve

Sorry to hear you lost it. Maybe it will turn up somewhere. I've had it happen to me before. Go check through the dirty clothes basket and whatever you wore to make sure it's not there. Look under the seat in your vehicle.

Here's an update: I never found it. It makes me sad and makes me sick. I'm gonna keep looking, but I don't hold any hope. Its probably wrapped up in a hay bale

However, on a good note. I just bought another CQC7 "just because"

Sorry man. There are few knives as beloved as a good cqc7.

Years ago I lost my Super Commander. I thought that I dropped it while mowing, and searched the yard to no avail. Months later is just fell from my leather recliner onto the floor. Man, that made my day.

Just buy a Kershaw/Emerson! They are literally the same (Sub-optimal). The best one (with Emerson wave) would be Southern Grind.

Just buy a Kershaw/Emerson! They are literally the same (Sub-optimal). The best one (with Emerson wave) would be Southern Grind.

The Kershaw Emersons are no where near the same as the authentic Emerson. Southern Grind is as expensive as Emerson and so I'd still take the original.

Back