I want a big folder. Cold Steel Voyager XL Tanto or Rajah II?

Kinda leaning towards Voyager XL because I like how Tanto looks and it's cheaper, but give me some opinions/convince me. Not going to use for EDC obviously. More self-defense worthy (or in reality, showing off).

Espada is too expensive for me Q_Q

The Voyager has aluminum liners which are still plenty strong. Thus, it is a good deal lighter than it's size while retaining the strength of a Demko folder.

In fact, my Voyager XL (clip point) is lighter than other knives I've used for multiple months in the EDC role, despite being rather larger.

The tanto is a slightly more useful blade shape than the Rajah as well, so there is that. I think both are excellent folders, but from my experience, I'd prefer the Voyager XL by far.

edit: By the way, the Voyager also has a more refined Tri-Ad lock than the earlier Tri-Ad knives. It is very smooth and easy to open, even beating out a few liner and frame locks I have in that regard. And the lock requires a bit less force to disengage than my Spartan. It still requires a large travel of the lock to disengage, so a lighter spring doesn't reduce the safety at all, in my experience.

Back