I want a Colubris! Can someone post comparison pics?

I've been through a slew of fixed blades that just don't fit my hand (too small). Most recently CRK Nyala, ESEE3 & a few SKIs... The Colubris looks G2G but I can find no description of actual usable handle real estate. If someone could post the length, in inches, of usable space between the finger guard and the edge of the handle flare on the butt of the handle that would probably be fine. I'd like to see a comp. pic between the Colubris and something more "common" like a Lg Sebenza, SnG, Military, Para2, ect...

Thanks!

That distance is precisely 3.664". If you still need a pic, I'd be happy to post one.

Thank you very much, DJ! Unfortunately I just spent my Colubris money on fixing my girlfriends bicycle. I am still very interested in the knife though! Hopefully there will be one around in a few weeks when I got some moneys!

The measurement is almost dead on par with the usable handle of the ESEE3 which, although a keeper, is a tad small for me. BUT I think where the ESEE Effs up for me is that the handle is tapered where the Colubris is flared. Myy fav knives have a flared handle... Sebenza, SnG, SYKCO MAXX, ect. I would still love to see a comparison pic with a more common knife... even if it is just a Leatherman or something. You know... for the good of the land.

I'd love to see the comparison pic too. I love the variety and skill with which the Kami knives are made. All pics are good pics!

Here's the new FYC in hand (three finger). It shares the exact same ergonomics as the original Colubris, only it has a 6" blade with no choil. The jimping on the cutting edge side of the handle nearest the pommel isn't there just for traction - it's in indexing location for your pinkie. That's right where the pinkie sits.

FYC1.JPG

Back