I want INFI!!!

I know there has been some discussion about making INFI available to custom makers, but I'm curious of two points:
1) Is this likely to happen anytime soon, and
2) Once a blade is ground, will the maker be able to have the steel professionally heat treated and tempered in the Busse shop in the traditional Busse fashion? After all, if it's gonna be INFI, it better be nuclear-tough, right?

------------------
. (o)(o)
.__ Y

If you want a nuclear-tough INFI knife why not just take out all that trouble and get yourself a Busse. They make one for everybody. No knife maker is gonna be able to work jerry's magic with this stuff. Not to put down any other smiths. It just sounds like you wanna get INFI, have another guy shape it, and then have Jerry turn it into a Busse? I'd just get a Busse man.

Thanks for your input Ryu.

The custom knifemaker in question is me. I own 2 Busses now and find them to be the best using knives I've ever owned, but as a custom maker, there are certain elements of my own creativity and designs that I would like to incorporate into an INFI blade - elements that couldn't be reproduced in Jerry's shop. I'm talking about a fileworked spine for example (which would be impossible to do with hardened INFI), with damascus bolsters, exotic handle materials, etc.

I simply want to create a presentation quality custom knife made from the toughest steel on earth.

And no, Jerry doesn't have a Busse for everybody. Unless of course there's a double-edge hollow ground busse fighter or a sleek Busse boot knife or a compact Busse folder or a...I think you get my point.

------------------
. (o)(o)
.__ Y

Wulf I see what ya mean. That sounds like it would be a real nice knife. Yeah I guess no one knows how to make your knife better than you. Hope you and Jerry can work something out. But only on one condition. Once that thing is finished you better post up some pics so we can check it out. Good luck on the INFI.

Back