I Want to Believe The truth is Out There Giveaway

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I want to give away a knife here, but first I must give the background on why I can no longer keep it. I bought one of these A.G.Russell Woodswalkers after eyeing them for years, as I like the idea of a small, pocketable fixed blade. I've been giving the back pocket sheath a try, using the blade around the house, and as a paring knife in the kitchen.

qpaky0D.jpg

Last month, a group of friends and I went to west Texas, to camp for a few days. We hoped for a chance to see the famous Marfa Lights:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfa_lights

It was a pleasant trip. The weather was chilly at night, but warm enough in the daytime, and we did a lot of hiking. I used the handy little blade to do all sorts of tasks like sharpening sticks for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.

On the last night there, I was sitting by a little fire whittling on a piece of wood. Just enjoying the quiet, looking at the stars, after my friends had gone to sleep. I heard a low hum and saw a row of lights come up over the horizon. Then they went silent and just hovered in the sky. I remember standing up, and taking a few slow steps forward, and the next thing I remember it was morning. I was sitting in the same spot by the fire, though it was nothing but ashes by then. I even still had the small knife in my hand.

My friends were in the process of packing our gear to go home, and I was so spooked, I just started helping to put stuff in the car, and we headed back toward Austin.

It wasn't until we stopped at a diner miles up the highway that I said anything. I asked if anyone remembered anything odd happening last night, but they all said no, they'd been asleep. I started to think that maybe I'd just had an odd dream, and tried to focus as the conversation turned to other topics. After a while, I looked down and realized I'd been unconsciously using the knife to push the mashed potatoes around on my plate.

hZojSU6.jpg

NwpUO6w.jpg

I lost my appetite.

Since getting home, things are more or less back to normal, but I've been feeling a bit out of sorts. When I bought the Woodswalker, I thought it would be a nice EDC for carrying around town, but it makes me nervous when I hold it. I've put it away with my camping gear. (When I first got home and dumped my stuff in the living room, my cat Echo kept sniffing at the knife in its sheath and scratching the floor around it, as if to try to bury it) Maybe I should bury it, but I can't help worrying that it will somehow contaminate the garden.

I'm having trouble sleeping. The knife keeps humming this same tune over and over:

sound file

If you feel brave enough to want it, just post "I'm in." Open to anyone 18 years or older, with the ability to control whatever extraterrestrial powers that may develop. I'll let this run a few days, and I'll draw a winner. Good luck.

We extraterrestrials have been looking for a knife like that. I'm in, and thanks for the chance.

We almost got a knife like that near a campfire in Texas recently, but our designated killjoy pointed out we'd be violating the prime directive.

Last edited:
Maybe just a reflection of hurt feelings from not having been invited to dinner... ???
Not an entry, but a good story. :)

Very nicely done :thumbsup: BUT - I'm not in - couldn't abide the vibrations :D

Thanks anyway.

Ray

Nice story! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm not in because you know, I already travelled in a flying saucer and it's been quite hectic inside, so, no thanks, not again. Though I love the sound of the long white van when back...
Tradition here is to stick discreetly a paper april fish in the back of someone, but this is rare these days.
800px-Petit_gar%C3%A7on_de_6_ans_et_demi_%22victime%22_d%27un_poisson_d%27avril.JPG

Great story, potatoes, and give away! Should you test the blade for alien blood?

As a long term fan of the series, I am totally in. Thank you! “The truth is out there”

Also, check your neck for implant scars...

Back