I want to throw things...with my family... please suggest

I looked around, and as far as I could tell, this might be the best place for this.

I am wanting to learn to thrown blades. Not necessarily knives, but axes, spears, and tomahawks. I'm trying to decided on a good first purchase to start learning. I'm wanting to learn to do this to start a small family tradition for when we go camping/canoeing etc... I'm currently leaning towards the CS Bushman, just because it seems that it would add to the fun and challenge of finding a good shaft in the wilderness.

Whatever we might throw, I'd like it to be non-ornate. I like the simplicity of some of the tomahawks I've seen. My son is way to young to be throwing anything yet, but I thought getting a head start on this, and throwing with my siblings would be something fun to do as well.

And shoot, I might as well learn to throw knives too!

What are some good recommended sources for learning this art, as well as some good recommendations for starting blades to throw? Would the Bushman be a terrible choice?

Thanks!

i wouldnt use the bushman as a spear point unless i was in a survival situation and needed to kill somthing, you can find spear points. the bushman isnt intended for throwing (could be used but not intended) the CS samburu (sp) is a good spear to me.

Back