1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

I wish GEC would make a proper lambsfoot knife.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by kamagong, Jun 13, 2013.

1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Award for most justified necro-post goes to you! :D:thumbsup:

Three fantastic knives, congratulations.

2. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    I'm honored, thanks. ;)

3. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    You must be young at heart, Christian! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Fairy tales can come true
    It can happen to you
    If you're young at heart

Congrats on the dream come true!

- GT

4. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Thanks. :cool:

Random thought...would Frank Sinatra have carried a lamb foot?

5. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    I always thought of him as a halfcongress kind of guy.

Cambertree likes this.
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I'm thinking he was a Stiletto guy. :D

Cambertree, Jack Black and ISKRA like this.
  7. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Definitely a good looking knife. Was that an SFO for CC also? What year was it made? Any idea on production numbers for it?

8. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Yes. It was his second SFO ever if memory serves, hence the notation HJ2. As to numbers, relatively few of them were made. 111 total if IIRC -- 75 goldenroot bone, 25 ebony, 9 candy stripe celluloid, and 2 stag. If you think getting a knife from one of the desirable GEC drops is hard, you obviously haven't been into slipjoints very long. You'll have to step up your game if you want to find one of these knives.

Good luck.

KellyGlanzer likes this.
  9. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I don't recall saying anything like that, but thanks for the info.

Ramrodmb likes this.
  10. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    @Norcaldude My comment was not made at you specifically, though now that I re-read my post I know it sounds like it. Sorry I wasn't more clear, please don't take offense as none was intended.

Just wanted to give you a heads up. The search for one of these HJ2s will be like searching for an old vintage knife. It won't be easy. It may take years. But if you are successful, you'll be very pleased with the results.

Norcaldude likes this.
  11. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Nice bump-up to this thread!!!:thumbsup::cool:

Will Power likes this.
  12. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    If this thread's a wishing-well or a crystal-ball....;) A proper sized Norfolk with a decent long Master and let's add those Rat-Tails:cool:

Jathes and Cambertree like this.
  13. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    I bet Charlie has some Cattle knife magic.

14. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    He does. Back in its infancy, eBay let an auction's bidders see each other's identities. My first dealing with Charlie was adversarial in nature. He outbid me on a impeccable Imperial cattleman.

I didn't let that discourage me though and a few months later I was able to find this beauty (prior to The Lolly Scramble was The Search). It was the first of many knives I own that have some sort of association with Charlie.

[​IMG]

Charlie loves knives. He doesn't discriminate. Any finely crafted piece of steel clad in bone, stag, or wood can bring a smile to his face.

gaj999, cigarrodog, Modoc ED and 4 others like this.
  15. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    You were soooo right!
    [​IMG]
    Why oh why did you have to show me this one?!!!! :eek:;):D
    I will forever be on the search from this time forward...
    Seriously, thank you for posting this, I didn't know this one existed until now.
    @waynorth Charlie, you do have a magic touch.

cigarrodog, jkwithawave and chuck4570 like this.
  16. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    No. He would have cut it off and slipped it between the satin sheets of your bed as was done with the horse's head in the Godfather when the Don tried to get him a contract in Hollywood.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  17. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Frank never needed to carry a knife, The Chairman could cut you with just a look.

18. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Wow! Thanks for sharing that one. I knew Charlie had harness jacks before his GEC HJ’s but I had no idea how good looking these were. That jigged bone has personality.

19. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Right?! I think the bone on this run compares favorably with anything Charlie has chosen for his SFOs. It was the covers that drew me in. At the time I hadn't seen anything like them.

Travman likes this.
  20. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Yes. The jigged bone on these 93 Lambfoot knives is special. It is somewhat similar to what was done on Charlie’s #48 Diamond Jack.
    [​IMG]