I wish there is a mid-sebenza

I wish there is a mid-sebenza that hit the sweet spot for me where the blade length is around 3.2 inch. For my personal taste, the small is a bit too small and large is too large. What do you think :)IMG_4060.jpg

I agree. The large Sebenza feels good in my hand, but is bigger than I like to carry. The small Sebenza is around my preferred size, but just does not feel right in my hand. I had hopes for the Inkosi finally being the "Medium" Sebenza. The small Inkosi was just a bit smaller than it's Sebenza counterpart. Then they brought out the large Inkosi and it was just as big as the large Sebenza.

I agree. The large Sebenza feels good in my hand, but is bigger than I like to carry. The small Sebenza is around my preferred size, but just does not feel right in my hand. I had hopes for the Inkosi finally being the "Medium" Sebenza. The small Inkosi was just a bit smaller than it's Sebenza counterpart. Then they brought out the large Inkosi and it was just as big as the large Sebenza.
Yeah I'm totally with you!

I personally prefer right at 3" but up to 3.25" in a folder. Love that Reeve tanto, had several reeve, aside from them being a bit thin at .14 they are almost perfect, needs to be thicker maybe .18. The small frame has a slightly small thumb relief so flipping is problematic for me and I must have thumb flipability.

I wish there is a mid-sebenza that hit the sweet spot for me where the blade length is around 3.2 inch. For my personal taste, the small is a bit too small and large is too large. What do you think :)View attachment 1049739

You and everyone else. I don’t know who does product development for crk but a medium sebenza would sell out in preorder I imagine....maybe crk doesn’t like money.

3.25ish really seems to be the sweet spot for an edc knife in my eyes too. Many people I have spoken to consider 3.25 to be ideal.

For now this is the best I have been able to get in terms of a medium “sebenza”. The 3.25 Gareth Bull Shamwari is essentially my medium sebenza front flipper.

OrYlvv5.jpg

eGmtjQm.jpg

I certainly would like a 3.25", but CRK is not alone in using this large and small lineup. Not sure how it would work out economically for them. It might eat into sales. At present I have to buy both the large and small to cover my needs vs just a medium. They also have limited production capacity and making all 3 may not work from that standpoint.
But I still want one. All we can hope is that Tim feels the same.

Is it blastphamy to wish for a mid size with a flipper action? I’d sure like one.

I saw a pic of a Benchmade Bugout with titanium scales between a large and small Sebenza. Looked like it fit right in... Can't find the pic online. Maybe it was all in my head...

Edit: I meant to say that it fits in visually, not saying anything about tolerances, action, etc.

I certainly would like a 3.25", but CRK is not alone in using this large and small lineup. Not sure how it would work out economically for them. It might eat into sales. At present I have to buy both the large and small to cover my needs vs just a medium. They also have limited production capacity and making all 3 may not work from that standpoint.
But I still want one. All we can hope is that Tim feels the same.

I wonder if most crk customers buy more than one crk. The people who would only buy one won’t be a lost sale for them because they would only buy one anyway. The customers who would buy multiples would probably buy mulitple crks anyway, but they might be in the market for a medium too... maybe?

Anyway it’s all just hypothetical. No one will know for sure unless they release the damn thing.

Hopefully it’ll be released before like, 2025.

Many have been clamoring for a medium Sebenza for a long time. I’d love to see one (or a medium Inkosi!).

Sadly so far no signs of it. We can always hope.

I've never owned a CRK, as blasphemous as that is for a knife enthusiast. However, I do follow Tim Reeve, and he has commented on this matter on his podcast. He brought up several reasons why he will not make a mid sized sebenza. I'll try to list those here:
1. Chris Reeve, AKA 'Reevus Christ' (credits to Dave of the Knifenuts for that name), is a god of knife design and he knows what knives people want better than people themselves.
2. A mid sized sebenza is likely to cannibalize the sales of the large and small sebenzas, and so it's not really a good business move.
3. Production of a mid sized sebenza would require the an entirely new knife to be designed and engineered. On top of redesigning/reengineering the knife, which is not easy in and of itself, it brings with it a host of manufacturing costs and complications.
4. If they ever made a mid sized knife, it would be a whole new model, not a sebenza, for the reasons above.

I've never owned a CRK, as blasphemous as that is for a knife enthusiast. However, I do follow Tim Reeve, and he has commented on this matter on his podcast. He brought up several reasons why he will not make a mid sized sebenza. I'll try to list those here:
1. Chris Reeve, AKA 'Reevus Christ' (credits to Dave of the Knifenuts for that name), is a god of knife design and he knows what knives people want better than people themselves.
2. A mid sized sebenza is likely to cannibalize the sales of the large and small sebenzas, and so it's not really a good business move.
3. Production of a mid sized sebenza would require the an entirely new knife to be designed and engineered. On top of redesigning/reengineering the knife, which is not easy in and of itself, it brings with it a host of manufacturing costs and complications.
4. hey ever made a mid sized knife, it would be a whole new model, not a sebenza, for the reasons above.

Stupid reasons.

While I can’t say for sure I am pretty sure medium would sell like hotcakes.

To think that 1/4 inch length blade would matter.
I happen to like the lenghth of the current CRK regular blades. I think the large Sebenza is actually a medium sized blade.
Just my preference.

To think that 1/4 inch length blade would matter.
I happen to like the lenghth of the current CRK regular blades. I think the large Sebenza is actually a medium sized blade.
Just my preference.
Personal preferences aside, these are my observations: The big/long and overbuilt folder trends have come and gone. Nowadays, 3" is small, 3.5" is large, and 3.25" is about what most would call mid sized. At least that's what it seems like to me as someone into high end productions/midtechs and customs. Your mileage may vary...especially if you're one of those folks who regularly carries a 4" or larger folder.

Back