I Won $100 in a Poker Game. What Should I Get?

I'm new to decent folders. I was carrying a Buck 110, then a Gerber Paraframe (USA version). I decided to buy the following knives so far this year....
Crooked River
Griptilian Satin
Blur Black Acid Washed Blade
Blur Camo Black Blade

So based on my preferences, please recommend me a nice $100 folder knife. As you can tell, I prefer larger blades.

I happened to win at 7 card last night!!

(on the other side of the coin, I lost a truckload of $$ in the stock market today lol)

Thanks!
Winch

You know, the Buck would be a safe queen. Pretty knife.
Have you seen the new 110 pro per chance ?
The 110 will always be a nice looking knife, but the 110 pro does look a little less fancy.

If I didn't want the 110 pro I may choose the crooked river because it's definitely nice looking.

Now what else do you want in a knife ?
You want easy to sharpen, stays sharp really long, one handed ?
Without any other criteria all anyone can really tell you is pick the one you like the most.

Have you seen the new 110 pro per chance ?
The 110 will always be a nice looking knife, but the 110 pro does look a little less fancy.

If I didn't want the 110 pro I may choose the crooked river because it's definitely nice looking.

Now what else do you want in a knife ?
You want easy to sharpen, stays sharp really long, one handed ?
Without any other criteria all anyone can really tell you is pick the one you like the most.

No I have not seen the Buck Pro, other than on the innernets. I already have the CR too. I like edge retention 'cause I cannot sharpen very well. Clip points or drop points.

If you hang around the exchange, your budget can probably extend to the ~$150 price range of knives. If you’re lucky you could pick up a S110V PM2 for ~$110 or an upgrade 551-1 Benchmade Griptilian for $120 pretty easily. Usually knives I find on the exchange are basically brand new or very lightly used.

That being said, you’d probably be blown away with something like a base PM2. I picked up a Gayle Bradley 2 today on the exchange today in your price range that I’m pretty excited for.

No I have not seen the Buck Pro, other than on the innernets. I already have the CR too. I like edge retention 'cause I cannot sharpen very well. Clip points or drop points.
Well then maybe a good investment of this 100$ would be a Spyderco sharp maker.
You already seem to have a decent handful of good knives, and they will eventually get dull.
I've heard nothing but good things about the sharp maker and have been thinking about maybe getting one.

Instead of letting that c note burn a hole in your pocket , I recommend saving up a little and adding to it so that you can get something that you actually want. I'd at least get to $175.

The Spyderco Military Digicam for $174 or Ti Military for $189. That's what I'd get.

Well then maybe a good investment of this 100$ would be a Spyderco sharp maker.
You already seem to have a decent handful of good knives, and they will eventually get dull.
I've heard nothing but good things about the sharp maker and have been thinking about maybe getting one.

I just got the Work Sharp Ken Onion but I'm still learning and I'm not ready to try a good knife on it yet. I also have the $16 Lansky Turn Box which works surprisingly well for me. Plus I've got diamonds, and stones, strops, etc. I figure if I keep up with sharpening then all they really need are touch ups.

I just got the Work Sharp Ken Onion but I'm still learning and I'm not ready to try a good knife on it yet. I also have the $16 Lansky Turn Box which works surprisingly well for me. Plus I've got diamonds, and stones, strops, etc. I figure if I keep up with sharpening then all they really need are touch ups.

Sounds about right, and seems like you're probably set for sharpening atm.

Yeah I'm pretty careful with my knives...no abuse. I did dedicate/designate the camo Blur as a work knife, but still not cutting rocks with it.

I'm new to decent folders. I was carrying a Buck 110, then a Gerber Paraframe (USA version). I decided to buy the following knives so far this year....
Crooked River
Griptilian Satin
Blur Black Acid Washed Blade
Blur Camo Black Blade

So based on my preferences, please recommend me a nice $100 folder knife. As you can tell, I prefer larger blades.

I happened to win at 7 card last night!!

(on the other side of the coin, I lost a truckload of $$ in the stock market today lol)

Thanks!
Winch

You only lose money in the stock market if you sell at a lower price. If you wait, and they’re decent stocks, odds are they will go back up.

Throw an extra 50 in and get the Real Steel Megalodon from blade hq, if you like a good value large knife.

Megalodon is a hair over $200. If he's got $100 to work with, it's not just throwing in an extra $50.

I know someone makes the Buck 110 in drop point with a 5160 blade.

If you like big titanium framelocks I just got this Katsu front flipper for just under 100$. Just search Katsu titanium framelock on google and you can find it at a website named after a big river in south america.

This is the best value ti framelock I have ever seen for this price. But be warned it is a big knife. 4 inch blade and kind of wide. Not that heavy though since it is all Ti. Great blade for slicing too, though the tip is kind of thin.

Katsu is knife on the right.
wwxmU1S.jpg

Megalodon is a hair over $200. If he's got $100 to work with, it's not just throwing in an extra $50.
When i got mine a few weeks back, BladeHQ had a deal going on for 150. It appears that is no longer the case, so i take that back.

Go for a Kershaw Launch! I have the 7 and its pretty damn neat. Pretty sure they all range from 80 to 100 bucks.

Back