I would like some help please.

sevenedges

BANNED
I am looking for the best strider for me.

I will be using the knife for defensive purposes mainly, and have a few questions.

My main concern is penetration of point.
Does anyone know which has the best penetration out of the WB, BT, and the MT?

Also which knife is best suited for defenseive measures?

I like the design of the three above and was just looking for some input from the experts over here. Thanks, Jeff

Salamander:

I own a BT...what a great knife! I think the MT is designed more for penetration than the other 2. The BT and WB have quite beefy tips--something that I think would hinder soft target penetration. Also, the edge grind at the tip of the 2 tanto models is not sharpened as much as the rest of the cutting edge. I'm not sure as to why, but it IS intentional. I think my next Strider may well be an MT...Maybe the MT.L! Hope that helps...

--Robert

------------------
"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm."
RFrost5746@excite.com

My Knives
flag_blk_whtbns_clr.gif

[This message has been edited by rfrost (edited 12-03-2000).]

Are we talking soft target or armor? The Tanto tips are armor piercing. The MT works less well against armor, but fine on softer targets. As far as penetration is concerned on soft targets, all three will certainly achieve your goal.
Make your choice by deciding which looks best for you.

Ever Vigilant

SK

Hey guys, notwithstanding the arcane likelyhood of parasitic drag on a chisel grind, or the full discussion of angle of entry, et alia, why wouldn't a model KH be just as effective in penetrating any substance as the tanto points? After all, the center point of the blade is pointed in a manner similar to the tantos. And frankly, any Strider knife seems likely to be strong enough to do the job - its not as though a KH or an MG's tip is going to snap on body armor. These knives all seem to carry enough thickness/strength out to the end. Am I missing an important point?

By the way, did you guys make it out to Ellis Island while you in NYC?

Seth
8541 USMCR(ret)

I guess we would be talking about soft targets. As most street thugs would not be wearing body armor.

Does the tanto point have a lot of drag, or is that something that in a combat situation wouldn't matter, because of the fact of your increased strength due to fear and adrenaline? (meaning not much would stop your blade. You would act like an animal.)

My favorite model is the WB.

Although I doubt this will be the only strider I buy.

BTW: What sold me on Striders are the awesome grip of the cord wrapped handle. When I first felt it, I couldn't beleive it.

Later, Jeff

Having a little experience with Striders, I would say of all their knives, I still favor the WB (my first one, and the model I still have the most of). The WB has a slimmer profile than the BT and is an exceptional penetrator. While you may not plan on facing an armored opponent (Murphy says you will), the chances of heavy clothing and of course the thick bones that protect just about every important organ in the human body are a consideration. The WB does everything well, from punching through things to prying and breaking chores..it is my favorite of the bunch.

------------------
He who advances is sure of heaven-He who retreats of eternal damnation.

nyeti,
Thanks.

I am going to pick one up in a few weeks. I have decided on the WB. For the same reasons you stated. Jeff

Back