ICCE Kansas City / Sept 28-30

It should be a good show. The inaugural one a few years back had the heaviest hitters, but this one is for sure worth attending.

Make sure you get some BBQ :) A trip to Arthur Bryant's is a history lesson in itself and one of their sandwiches is enough for more than one person.

The link says 2018, and I notice that Bruce Bump for example is not listed although he was there last year.

Bruce stated last year that age was creeping up on him, so I am not too surprised he's not there this year. I don't believe he was at Blade either.

Bruce stated last year that age was creeping up on him, so I am not too surprised he's not there this year. I don't believe he was at Blade either.

That's a shame as he and his son are great 'conversationalists' as well as missing out on their World Class collaborations. :(

I'm looking forward to it as I'm only an hour away. I went last year for the first time and got to see some awesome work.

That's a shame as he and his son are great 'conversationalists' as well as missing out on their World Class collaborations. :(

I agree, Bruce is a great conversationalist. I can't afford his top pieces, but got a little fixed blade chisel ground bargain from him at a show. He said "Maybe that knife will be worth more than you paid for it someday if I ever get well known." IIRC the CoA calls it the "Left Hand Ground Ninja Cheese Slicer." :)

I think it will be a good show. I’m in the KC area, so this one is close to home. Pretty excited to see what everyone has done over this past year. :thumbsup:

That's too bad, it's been awhile since I haven't seen yer smilin' face at least once a year.... :(
I sure enjoy visiting with ya bud & will miss it this year. This show is just too close to the Fisk Micro show that I do every other year. I will see you in KC next year providing the creek don't rise an stuff. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to it to as I'm only 30 minutes from downtown KC. I will be attending Friday so I can go to the seminars. Craig Brewer taught a slip joint class last year that was great.

So kind of you to say this. Brian and I are simply staying closer to home and will attend the new BladeWest instead. My friend Mike Pierce and I are doing a “knifemaking 101 Q&A” seminar there. Kansas City ICCE was and should be another great show but it hard to attend too many shows with knives for sale.

It’s a day and half drive for me and I am attending...super excited as it is my first knife show...my wife will be with me to ensure that I don’t go bat chit crazy...

Cheers/bg

I read something earlier on this forum re last year’s ICCE...it was said that several makers sold all their knives before the show even opened...could someone explain how that works?..

Back