ID and value help please

SIx Magpies

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello all
I have these knives I purchased about 10+ years ago.
They are unused and have factory edges.
The longer ones which I think are Meaner Streets (Red G10 and Black and White G10 with black coatings?) have black sheaths.
I think that 4 are Active Dutys (black coating) and 1 is a Game Warden, they have tan sheaths
The last is a Batac, black/white g10 black coating?
Can somebody please tell me what I have and give me an idea of value.
Many thanks.

AK03hba.jpg

g8cgjx1.jpg

OIZRTA9.jpg

Hello all
I have these knives I purchased about 10+ years ago.
They are unused and have factory edges.
The longer ones which I think are Meaner Streets (Red G10 and Black and White G10 with black coatings?) have black sheaths.
I think that 4 are Active Dutys (black coating) and 1 is a Game Warden, they have tan sheaths
The last is a Batac, black/white g10 black coating?
Can somebody please tell me what I have and give me an idea of value.
Many thanks.

Good looking bunch of blades there brother :thumbsup: I don't have any of those models, so about the only help I can give is that I believe the first four are Leaner Meaner Streets. I think you've got the model identification down otherwise though, and someone here will surely know the rest. Cheers!

I believe the red g10 ones are leaner meaner streets. Red g10 is rare, I think it's 2007

Idk if that translates to more money but there you are.

You are correct that the far right is a Game Warden and the four to the left of it are Active Duty’s and the one by itself is a Badger Attack Tac.

All are INFI steel.
Nice knives , hope this helps.

Last edited:
Meaner Streets, Leaner Meaner Streets, Tweener Streets. There were various variants and no good naming system. Some buyers might care about the blade thickness, others might not know that there are choices.

FWIW those Red/Black Streets are good looking.

Nice collection :) !!!!!
Those AD’s and red black meaners just call to me :) :)

Thank you for all the help. Much appreciated!

The red 'streets' are .195 and the black/white are .200. Excuse me if these measurements don't make sense I don't understand imperial measurements well. The red handles are much slimmer.

I have attached daylight photos of the AD and GW handles if someone knows what flavour micarta they are?
vVHhtuI.jpg

mA2lj3s.jpg

x8OtZLc.jpg

The AD & GW appear to have that nice old tan micarta :)

I agree with duramax. Also, that's the 'muddy' coating on your game warden, so it's a muddy/tan combo.

Thanks guys! I really get confused with the micarta colours. I have another micarta handle I'm stuck on but it's too late to get a clear pic now so I'll upload one in the morning. All the best

I oiled this blade and oiled the handle the other week. I thought it was brown before I did this and now I'm not sure as it looks purple or something. Can you tell what colour micarta it is. And the coating colour please. I'm really wishing I had kept better records:)
Mj37gX1.jpg

mQKxX1f.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

It looks like maroon canvas micarta

Thanks! It must have been the only colour available:). The busse company store refresh, refresh, grab and buy days were crazy. I miss that actually thinking about it.
What coating colour is it please?

A4C2CA1E-140B-4D44-A1C5-9C424C8A655E.jpeg

C26A69B0-5547-4162-9FB6-3A713E37D95E.jpeg

Ok top is maroon, bottom tan half oiled both micarta

I oiled this blade and oiled the handle the other week. I thought it was brown before I did this and now I'm not sure as it looks purple or something. Can you tell what colour micarta it is. And the coating colour please. I'm really wishing I had kept better records:) Thanks in advance for any help.
That is the old tan canvas micarta like on the ADs you have (you can still see some of the tan color by the blade in the close-up photo). As it would absorb oil from your skin, it would gradually appear to be more reddish; by applying oil to the handle it accelerated this process.

The 2 main colors of micarta on Busse knives back then were either black canvas or tan canvas; black paper and green linen micarta were less common. Eventually snakeskin, tiger hide and other micarta colors became available.

As far as the coating color, I think it is one of a limited release called "desert sand" or something like that; as I recall it was lighter than the old tan coating and had darker specks in it.

Last edited:
Maroon is kinda newer to Busse Combat. So if it’s an older blade, it’s quite possible that’s a really dark tan canvas (?)
More tan canvas
Oiled and buffed
Oiled
521F7011-9003-4567-8572-3EEBC0B8F3B3.jpeg DFB9FF7F-D257-4857-B61C-5047DE9033AA.jpeg

Back