I'd, like to say something..........

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Thank you!!! Thank you all for supporting my love of sharp things. Buyers and those who look, all provide me that special acknowledgement we all crave. I have no idea why I love knives in particular but I do know that it's the route I have chosen in life. Many of my friends have come into my life from some sort of interaction involving sharp stuff. I even got my first real job as a machinist because of someone seeing a knife I made. I am sure growing up working with my Family in the woods had a lot to do with it. I think a lot of my love comes from the history. In my collection is a Bowie knife from a past relative who by all accounts was an ass kicking tough guy. By the time I was hearing the stories, he was just a rough and tough man of the woods and most of the possible bad stuff had filtered out of the stories. I know him because I have his knife. I also have the knife my Uncle TJ was issued in the Navy during WWII. Not that he carried it since my Grandfather had made him one for real use. He sent the Camillus FUK home since he didn't need two. He served on the USS Hornet :) My Grandfather's knife and a couple my Dad carried are here too. Anytime I handle them, I can see the trout they cleaned, the flowers cut, even feel the relief of a sliver being removed as a child. Knives carry history in a way few other possessions can. I hope someday long into the future when I am long gone, someone might say "This was my Grandpa's knife."

Great story. Thank you for all that you do.

Wonderful post Bill.

The knives I have of yours I love, enjoy and cherish. They are the epitome of the hard use knife and they carry on the tradition of what you discussed.

Thank you for all that you do for us and your commitment to excellence and quality.:)

Steven

I am Very Glad you chose to become a knifemaker
👍👍👍👍👍

I have the pleasure of living in the country with 4 wonderful children in which 3 are boys. Siegle knives have been part of hundreds of fires, clearing trail and just general badassery. When my time on this Earth is done, my kids will look back on all of the good times we've had in the woods and the Bill Siegle Knives that made it possible. Thanks for all the great knives Bill, your name and knives will forever be a part of my families best times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Bill great story. I agree knives really do carry on family history!!!! My grandpa fought in the Island hoping campaign in the Pacific! Him keeping his bayonet razor sharp is what kept him alive in a Banzi charge where he earned his first Purple Heart!! I grew up with my grandpa always keeping his knives razor sharp and he collected Case knives. Before he passed he made it be known that he wanted me to have them all because I was the most like him. Well as soon as he passed my Aunts husband rushed over and took all of his knives guns and tools. I was fortunate that my grandma found one knife and gave it to me. It is my most prized possession!!!

Back