Idea Push, Basic Kukri

I would buy 2. Currently have to get them from Nepal and the handles are not my type... I hope this happens... 12 to 14 inch blade, with real kukri design and 1/4 thick... Basic handle... Why if the basic handle is so recognized as the most comfortable, why are not more knives made with them?

I know the basic handle is the most comfortable, but do you guys think that the reduced tang could withstand the abuse of a kukri shape? I'm hoping for something along the lines of the TTKZ handle. Love the ergos, and the full tang.

I know the basic handle is the most comfortable, but do you guys think that the reduced tang could withstand the abuse of a kukri shape? I'm hoping for something along the lines of the TTKZ handle. Love the ergos, and the full tang.

I'm sure the shop leaves a radius in the high stress corners to avoid premature breakage of the handle

SEÑOR YANITORRRR! ¡PLEASE! Give us the INFI Kukuri to dice Carne Asada!

I think the tang in a basic would be plenty strong. Gotta be stronger than the rat tail tangs used in the Nepalese kuks.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Makes perfect sense! If they are using rat tangs, Busse/kins should be fine. One other question regarding the basic handle. I've got the 1311, and it seems that the Resiprene C handle has walked a bit. It's only noticeable if I look at the lanyard hole. Is this common? Any methods known to fix this?

Hmmmmm. How about a res handle that has the shape of the KZ2? And I want the blade to be juuuuuuust a snidge longer than the Becker. Can't have those fellas claiming theirs are bigger than ours.;)

Hmmmmm. How about a res handle that has the shape of the KZ2? And I want the blade to be juuuuuuust a snidge longer than the Becker. Can't have those fellas claiming theirs are bigger than ours.;)

That would be great but the cost of mold to make the new handle would definitely make this a $700 blade

Back