1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Idea Push, Basic Kukri

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Nobody, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Nobody

Nobody

Dec 13, 2000
    Get back up there!

2. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    And stay there

3. Juraj

Juraj

Aug 5, 2009
    Well.....may be next Wednesday☺.

4. AValenz

AValenz Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2011
    All we can do is hope!

5. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    I am hoping Jerry is waiting for tax return season because he knows every hog is going to want multiple models of this infi resC monster. But next Wednesday works as well bossman

6. AValenz

Dec 17, 2011
    Yes Wednesday would be better. I haven't bought a new blade from Busse since Knobb or the last Leor run....

7. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    I had a dream about this knife last night. It has gotten to that point. Come on bossman, give me some of that ResC wrapped INFI

8. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Funny thins is, I was looking Kukri blades last night before I went to bed. I too had dreams about this blade lol. I just chalked it up to seeing it right before I went to sleep. My google images are still full of Kukri blades and Smatchets. What a coincidence lol.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  9. AValenz

Dec 17, 2011
    BIG finish basic kukuri

10. AValenz

Dec 17, 2011
    Is it here yet?

11. AValenz

Dec 17, 2011
    Come out and play!

12. AValenz

Dec 17, 2011
    Guys let's make this thread sing!

13. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    I would be ALL OVER this blade if offered.. two thumbs up from this dude!!

14. levs18

levs18

Jun 25, 2000
    Still hoping for the Busse traditional kukri!!

15. dogrunner

dogrunner Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2003
    Like my 1311 and like the bolo mod, but not as a substitute for a basic kukri. The CS Gurka Kukri with rubber enclosed tang has great balance - I am sure a Busse kukri with res-C would be just fine in that regard and better in materials etc. My main reason for preferring res-C over micarta or G10 and exposed tang: much more comfortable in winter.

16. AValenz

Dec 17, 2011
    Precisely why I want the Res-C KUK less cold or heat transfer to the hand of the user

17. AValenz

Dec 17, 2011
    Please boss man!

18. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    Don't know why the b13 crowd feels the need to try to derail this thread. But whatever, maybe that long blade is making up for other short comings. Nothing wrong with either idea, and each has a thread. This thread is about a basic zilla.

19. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    It was just one guy and one post. No crowd. I completely agree though. Each has its own thread and there's no reason to be pushing the B13 here. I want both.

Pleeeease Jerry make this Basic Zilla a reality. Such a win on so many levels!!

20. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Res C and kukri belong together like PB & J.

The balance, the comfort, the performance. How has this not happened yet?