If I send my old GB1 in will I get the same knife back?

Haven't been around in a while...

I've still got my original GB, it's in proper working order but could use some love. Clip screws missing, could use a good factory sharpening, a few of the scale screws rounded from general upkeep over the years. It's also got a heavy patina now days.
If I wanted to send it into spyderco for service would I for sure get it back or would I be risking them wanting to send a replacement GB2 and/or issuing a factory store credit and I not be able to get the knife back?
It was a gift and has significant sentimental value to me so if there's any chance either of the above options would happen I won't send it in however if it'll for sure come back to me I'd like to go ahead and get it to them to have it gone over.

Its working 100% and safe, just basic cosmetic issues and could use some minor HW replaced and to be sharpened. Am I G2G to send it in without worry?

The best thing to is call and clarify what you want before you send it in and also send a detailed letter with a knife.

They haven't issued a recall on it that I know of. Unless it is totally unsafe (highly unlikely) they won't replace it or keep it. Even then, if you asked to get it back for sentimental value, I'm sure they would oblige, but include a recommendation that it be retired.

I can't say for certain but even if the knife is beyond repair they still offer to send the knife back. I had a Memory that I sent in that had a lock bar that travelled all the way to opposite liner. They couldn't fix so they offered to send it back to me or give me a store credit to buy something else.

Back