If I was Daryl Dixon... (my Big Knife)

Hand protection from bites, better length blade, stab to kill, cut to wound.
_POR4831b.jpg

coupled with a 33" basket-hilt double-edged broadsword, = zombie killer deluxe.

I knew that was coming, damn thing was a signal mirror. I've never used super blue, crazy how fast it works.

Looks like a sized up Buck 119 to me. Bowies are typically known as "fighting knives" and to be honest, when are you going to have that heavy thing with you at the same time you need it in a fight? You're certainly not carrying it every day because of the obvious weight issue, so why?

Looks like a sized up Buck 119 to me. Bowies are typically known as "fighting knives" and to be honest, when are you going to have that heavy thing with you at the same time you need it in a fight? You're certainly not carrying it every day because of the obvious weight issue, so why?

Clearly you have zero knowledge of matt, that IS his edc. Literally.

Yes, I will be carrying it every day... Everywhere... All day. I've carried much heavier.

Sweet knife CM; it's like the love child of a SOG and a Randall. Great score man. And, btw, you really went to town on that pallet--cool vid, it held up great. I totally get the "this is a f-- knife" thing:
2d6slc9.jpg

Sweet knife CM; it's like the love child of a SOG and a Randall. Great score man.

Made with copious amounts of Wild Turkey 101 :D

Forged 1/4" 5160 @ 58-59 RC. Steve Voorhis custom MACVSOG bowie.

[video=youtube;vKB19v3egPw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKB19v3egPw[/video]

Chopping: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIs1H3HAjzv/

That's wicked Matt, I love that new MACSOG Bowie!
I like the sheath too...both of them!
Great knife!
Somethin weird happened with the last email...
But I was just blabbing on about something as usual...

Funny some guys don't think we really carry such a knife haha!
I put a lanyard on the BoozeFighter, and I loop it through the belt loop on the sheath, and then back over the handle.
Riding my bike, sitting, whatever, it stays right where it should!
I used to edc my Spivey Sabertooth, until I got the BoozeFighter.

I always have the CRKT M-21-14 sfg, and the Jim Wagner RB Tanto folder...
If I need one that fast...
Thank you again for the BoozeFighter Matt!!

That is an epic blade... I'm waiting on another Boozefighter to come back from HT.

Steve Voorhis knives are top notch, and the price is just amazingly low usually. The mirror polish is unreal...:

P5117040_zpslc6m7ytb.jpg

P5147062_zpsapl79a4t.jpg

No quality compromises at all, despite the price. He typically doesn't often make to order, from what I hear...

The sheath is not always up to the knife, so I had Patriot Leather do one:

P5117039_zpsdlwd3wyo.jpg

He really likes 5160, and though I prefer 440 stainless, I have to say his 5160 is the best Carbon steel I have ever used: It is not super prone to rusting or staining, like 0-1, owing to the lower carbon content, and yet the edge holds up at 12 per side while chopping wood like it was nothing, where even S30V at 15 per side couldn't take it without doing micro-folds on every hit:

P5147082_zps3qv1zqat.jpg

I had to kill the mirror finish too... It is just not very practical because of the scratches it takes from the sheath, which is something I hate: This is the way I did it: REK did the main flats in satin (a bit of edge thinning to 0.020" while he was at it, but originally quite OK at around 0.030"), leaving the mirror finish on the clip bevels and the ricasso...:

P7117103_zpstc4wjhnd.jpg

And yes, even an 11.25" blade can be carried concealed, even with a bunch of rope and two thermal blankets around it!...

Gaston

Back