IF MONEY WAS NO OBJECT, WHAT KNIFE WOULD YOU BUY???

If money was no object ... I'd still be making knives but I'd give them all away for free!
that is a heck of an interesting statement, I think that should be reworded somehow into its own thread.
Something like.. " what would the Forum be like if all the knives were free? or what would the world be like if we gave away all our knives free.?

I am a newbie, and I know these aren't even close to the "real expensive" knives, but I really wish I had the cash for a Busse

'wishing' is the absolute worst possible way to get cash, imo

I always thought Proctology was the worst way to get cash. ;) (Joke door about to be kicked down in 3, 2, 1...)

The ultimate grail knife with $ no object thing...it would have to be some really special historical piece for me to choose a wall hanger. And even then I might pass because I think it would still have to be a user for me. I think. Then again maybe I would just cover the walls of my man cave with every attractive blade I lust after.

I get so much enjoyment out of carrying and using my knives... the little successes like achieving a fine edge...I dunno. And to that end, there are so many fine makers here, that while still pricey, most of my dream knives are not so much out of reach. It's just a matter of relative value and budgeting priorities (also known as being married with a family ;)).

How's that for a non-answer, no eye candy ramble?

Mike Quesenberry Full Integral Damascus Dog Bone with Mammoth Ivory and gold hardware.

5bb08b513879047c920c53f1e57837ed.jpg

Imo, illegal activity is the absolute worst possible way to get cash, but to each their own

I get your argument, but if we're talking about actually getting cash into your hands, illegal activity is still a better option than wishing. For that, it might be handy for a pirate to have something like this;

View media item 2014
I still yearn for a Dave Lisch knife. One day...

I get your argument, but if we're talking about actually getting cash into your hands, illegal activity is still a better option than wishing. For that, it might be handy for a pirate to have something like this;

View media item 2014
I still yearn for a Dave Lisch knife. One day...

"You can wish in one hand and and crap in the other, and see which one fills up first."

I must say, I feel very welcomed by the mods here at bladeforums.com

if this is sarcasm, please accept my apology. I was just joking around, and didn't intend to offend you

Back