If S!K Can't Fill Orders in 90 Days, Why Do They Claim That On Their Website?

S!K has consistently taken A LOT longer than 90 days to fill orders. This has been going on for years. it is common knowledge. Yet, they still state that that "...this item will take up to 90 days for delivery."

What I want to know is why they continue to say this on their website. It seems like a blatant misrepresentation of what customers can realistically expect.

If there is going to be a bonafide and implementable plan of action for restructuring and possibly to remain a going concern amidst this very turbulent times as they go forward, that language must definitely be revised to reflect the current reality.

Forums get A LOT of new members because of this, that's for sure! So many people don't know what's going on, and after months, have to seek out sources of info and find their way to these places to find out it is nothing new. Shame!
I just recently put in an order, in April for some factory 2nds. I knew that the wait would be much longer, so I was prepared for it. I couldn't imagine not knowing knife forums exist and trying to jump through the hoops solely with the company...GOOD LORD!
The one thing that got me to buy was all these people here, saying they are 100% sure that they know they will get their knives... eventually. I am going to be pissed if the company disappears and takes all my money!
One good thing is I only bought factory 2nds, so the wait isn't as long, plus I separated the purchases so I still have PayPal protection on most of my orders if I find out the first orders are taking too long.

I bought my first S!K from another member here like a month ago. WHAT A KNIFE!!! 20CV 5.1 All I can say is WOW, and I REALLY hope the rest of mine come in!! If they do, I will have my perfect assortment of fixed blades(gotta get one more CPK knife to be complete, love the way they sell blades! Just not enough to go around), then I'm done buying. I think... If they don't come through, that is really going to set me back!
Get your business together! Such a great product! They would make a killing if they ran the business properly! Really is a shame!
Not a total loss though, there are tons of amazing knife makers that can pick up the business! Kind of wishing I would have gone that route, but don't want to cancel the orders, Already 5+ months in on my Factory 2nds. People say they are taking 4-6 months. We will see I guess.

Sorry for the essay! I should delete it. I usually don't contribute to these discussions, so it may have been me venting.

Last edited:
It is very odd that the language on the website still states a 90 delivery time. I have yet to deal with a company that charges a restocking fee for a mistake on their end. Such as a delivery time that was not agreed to or known before purchase.

If this has been going on for years , they should have changed something by now. I guess I'm late to the party. I waited a extra two or so weeks for a 5.1 2nd a while back. But months or years late is not okay, with me at least. I don't have that type of patience for knife orders. Which is the reason I jumped at a 90 day 4.1 2nd. Little did I know. This is why I never jump on the books with makers that have 12+ month backlog.

Hope there is some good news to come. Other wise I'm just gonna cancel my order. How many of you have a factory 2nd 4.1 order that you are waiting on? How long have you been waiting? Thanks

I ordered my Factory 2nds 4.1 April 12th this year. ( sad I have to state "this year")
Ordered my Factory 2nd 7/7 April 7th... Nothing yet from either order.

Would love to see them soon! If not, probably cancel the other orders I put in this week.

Yeah I'm another January 7/7 2nd. Every Friday I tell myself "well probably next week, then!"

Hope springs eternal.

I feel ya brother, honestly I just try to forget about my 7/7 and hope ill be surprised by a shiping notification one day

You Guys that ordered factory seconds have to wait until they run the pattern then pick out the seconds. Chances are there may be no seconds unless it's some sort of sleight of hand sales tactic. I'm SK wouldn't .........

Iirc sk was supposed to be posting the 2nds for sale as they did their initial quality check on the blanks they received. Hense the original 90 day wait. Not posting them for sale and hoping they have 1000 or more screwed up knives to sell. I believe there's already people who have received their f2 7/7

Because they do (Current sale are scheduled to ship within 90 days.) and have in the past and will in the future. Me thinks this was a rhetorical question as the Survive! Team isn't going to answer.

Here we go again.......

Personally I grabbed the Survive's I wanted and moved onto my next best thing, namely Carothers and Production Fiddlebacks. I would suggest to anyone continuing to lament Survive (and why won't they do what I want to or what they say), to avail themselves of the hundreds of makers on BF and move on with your lives.

S!K has consistently taken A LOT longer than 90 days to fill orders. This has been going on for years. it is common knowledge. Yet, they still state that that "...this item will take up to 90 days for delivery."

What I want to know is why they continue to say this on their website. It seems like a blatant misrepresentation of what customers can realistically expect.
Since they're not meeting 90 days they need to take that off, like Lancelot said.

I feel ya brother, honestly I just try to forget about my 7/7 and hope ill be surprised by a shiping notification one day
I get it doesn't work for everyone, but this has been my technique.

You Guys that ordered factory seconds have to wait until they run the pattern then pick out the seconds. Chances are there may be no seconds unless it's some sort of sleight of hand sales tactic. I'm SK wouldn't .........
Have they put seconds up for sale for models that aren't in production yet?

To be honest I have no idea what their process is. It just seems a little strange to take money for a Blem when it's not a Blem yet. If it were already a Blem it should by definition be finished and ready to sell. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it works with any other production item.

Last edited:
To be honest I have no idea what their process is. It just seems a little strange to take money for a Blem when it's not a Blem yet. If it were already a Blem it should by definition be finished and ready to sell. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it works with any other production item.
They had said before some blemishes could be spotted as ground blanks were returned from the grinders.

I am also waiting on a 4.1 F.2 from late Feb, and I found out about the 90-day language present yesterday when i ordered a 4LE F.2. I ordered both of those despite already having a Starter 4.1 on order as well as a "pre-order" 4LE, just to see if one ships before the other ;)

I am also waiting on a 4.1 F.2 from late Feb, and I found out about the 90-day language present yesterday when i ordered a 4LE F.2. I ordered both of those despite already having a Starter 4.1 on order as well as a "pre-order" 4LE, just to see if one ships before the other ;)

That is awesome. I hope you get your knives.

So, can you answer my question; Why so you think S!K leaves this inaccurate information on their website?

They had said before some blemishes could be spotted as ground blanks were returned from the grinders.
Ok. I'm not trying to be a wise guy. I'm just a little confused. I keep seeing threads develope about the SK future sales tactics that aren't meeting company set deadlines. Doesn't it seem a bit off to start a second level of future sales on a off quality product? I get the advantage to SK's bank account but not to standard customer service deliver. Why waste time on an as ground or off quality blank when you're sitting weeks if not months behind on your premier line product?

Back