If Spyderco brought back the GB1 as a sprint, would you buy one?

Would you purchase a Gayle Bradley (GB1) Sprint Run

• Yes I would buy a GB1 sprint run

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, I would not be interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The last time I checked Knifeworks still has GB1 for sale.

Yeah, that's what I don't get. For all the people singing its praises and bemoaning that it's out of production, they're in stock at KC, KW, and BHQ right now after being discontinued for a year and a few months at this point. Demand clearly doesn't seem to be that high.

Also, for what it's worth, I voted "no" in the poll. I have one and I like it quite a bit. I love the steel, I like the scales, and I wouldn't have bought it if the blade was coated.

So in my opinion, they've already made my optimal combination, and they're still available from dealers... if there's room for sprints, use it for something else. Make some of the Golden models with K390. Put some steel that's not an absolute bear to get a fine edge on in the field in the Sprig. Add a Caly 3.5 in HAP-40 to the upcoming HAP-40 Caly 3. Something like that.

Just my $0.02. ;)

The last time I checked Knifeworks still has GB1 for sale.
Yeah, that's what I don't get. For all the people singing its praises and bemoaning that it's out of production, they're in stock at KC, KW, and BHQ right now after being discontinued for a year and a few months at this point. Demand clearly doesn't seem to be that high.

Also, for what it's worth, I voted "no" in the poll. I have one and I like it quite a bit. I love the steel, I like the scales, and I wouldn't have bought it if the blade was coated.

So in my opinion, they've already made my optimal combination, and they're still available from dealers... if there's room for sprints, use it for something else. Make some of the Golden models with K390. Put some steel that's not an absolute bear to get a fine edge on in the field in the Sprig. Add a Caly 3.5 in HAP-40 to the upcoming HAP-40 Caly 3. Something like that.

Just my $0.02. ;)
Well, now that everyone in this thread knows that they are still available from all these dealers I'm sure they will fly off the shelves. :)

I have both the GB1 and GB2 and they are great knives. I dont like carbon fiber and I prefer full flat grinds. I would like to see a GB1 or GB2 with a ffg, M4 and G10. I wouldn't say no to Maxamet either.

See I think a dlc version with m4 would make all kinds of sense because m4 does rust, dlc blade, liners, standoffs, some green micarta scales. Come on now , that would sell out FAST

Spyderco does seem to produce some questionable sprint runs so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do one of the Bradley! :) I vote for 10V and red G-10.

Back