Off Topic If you could have any car (just for fun disucssion)??

Australian toyota landcruiser,

Toyota-Land-Cruiser-70-series-05-630x249.jpg

For a car:
Lancia-Stratos.jpg

or really any Group B from that era

For a truck
defender.jpg

It's not like I'd kick a Yenko Camaro or a hemi 'cuda out of bet or anything but Europe own the dream car list

The “original Bond” DB5

The ridiculously beautiful DB11

High Country LTZ Z71 Duramax

For cars I'd like a '69 Hurst Olds 442, a '66 or '67 Chevelle, a '70 Chevelle, a '69 Charger, or maybe a '69 GTX.....it's safe to say I like late 60's cars.

But for now, I'd like a nice lifted Jeep. I work at Land Rover so I hope my boss doesn't find out about that...

The cars that I admire the most:
Ferrari 250 GTO
Ford GT Mirage
1967 Corvette Coupe 427
For daily driving the Ferrari and Corvette would be possible, the Ford GT wasn't intended to be a road car.

If my choice had to be my only daily driver then it would likely be something newer, and there are a lot to choose from the McLarens and Lambos and Ferraris, but I would lean towards a Ferrari like the F12 just because it's a Ferrari. But a more practical choice would be something like the latest Cadillac CTS-V or Mercedes C63 AMG, something like that. It would have the performance and the comfort.

(My current daily driver is a 2007 Cadillac CTS-V.)

2nd choice for nostalgia Honda RC30
59388d3ddc7e403f59d179e141b3a400b521dda3_xlarge.jpg

Great choice! Always one of my all time favorites. In a previous life, I owned an original 83 vf750 Interceptor. That v4 was such a phenomenal motor - silky smooth with usable power across the whole spectrum.

But my current 2 wheel fantasy would be a modern Norton. Just such a perfectly brutal take on the classic Britt-bike

one-evil-norton-commando-961-by-holographic-hammer-80179_1.jpg

As for 4 wheels, I'd build a modern Pro-touring muscle car. Big ol' American v8 with lots of torque, mated to a fully sorted, modern chassis, tuned for autocross and road racing. Preferably a C2 Vette or a 2nd gen GM F-body, and possibly in TransAm tribute livery....

1971-chevrolet-camaro-front-view.jpg

_MTR2797.jpg

1965-chevrolet-corvette-front-view.jpg

Brian-Hobaugh-Pro-Touring-Camaro-Rod-Chong-Speedhunters-1024-1200x800.jpg

nov_feat%20(2).jpg

Last edited:
My old 1978 Chevy Blazer ... was the best truck I have ever owned ... 378,000 plus miles with only a replaced camshaft and a new carburator ... after that rebuilt the transmission and motor ... a small block 400 ... and it had over another 100,000 of it still purring ... but lost it in a divorce ...

I'm not sure why I got in that line that said hey come get married ... live it up be happy for a few years ... then find out your wife is cheating ... and then the bonus surprise ... give at least half your stuff away ... and somehow I said hey that sounds great ... yup sign me up ... :thumbsup:

But seriously loved that truck ... and I've had several trucks I really liked ... but they just don't make em like that anymore ...

Great choice! Always one of my all time favorites. In a previous life, I owned an original 83 vf750 Interceptor. That v4 was such a phenomenal motor - silky smooth with usable power across the whole spectrum.

But my current 2 wheel fantasy would be a modern Norton. Just such a perfectly brutal take on the classic Britt-bike

one-evil-norton-commando-961-by-holographic-hammer-80179_1.jpg

As for 4 wheels, I'd build a modern Pro-touring muscle car. Big ol' American v8 with lots of torque, mated to a fully sorted, modern chassis, tuned for autocross and road racing. Preferably a C2 Vette or a 2nd gen GM F-body, and possibly in TransAm tribute livery....

1971-chevrolet-camaro-front-view.jpg

_MTR2797.jpg

1965-chevrolet-corvette-front-view.jpg

Brian-Hobaugh-Pro-Touring-Camaro-Rod-Chong-Speedhunters-1024-1200x800.jpg

nov_feat%20(2).jpg
I took a Tony Foale suspension class with a couple guys from the Norton factory back in 04. It was a super pie in the sky plan back then. My long distance ride is a VFR1200, so for sure a V4 fan!

There was a fellow who used to bring his 250 to the Vintage Races at Road America, and would drive it around Elkhart Lake during the event.
I'm salivating in a most embarrassing manner . . . it's almost enough to make me go out and find a time machine and go back in time and get a real job (a very REAL job) . . . just so I can pat one of those in a proprietary way.

View attachment 867811

This would be really cool. Or maybe a 65, Im a pickup truck guy at heart.

My Dad rolled a 1960 F150 company truck off the side of Monarch pass on Christmas Eve coming home from a job . He was pulling a big Welding machine and hit black ice.
Came out of it with just a big scratch on his shoulder . . . (o_Oseat belts ? we don't need no stinking seat belts :confused:) . . .
where the big, steel, tool box full of steam fitter's wrenches and tools (some of them as long as I was tall as a little kid) came crashing through the back glass and into the wind shield.

Upside down, at the bottom of a ravine, late at night, in deep snow . . . gasoline leaking into the cab. He kicked out the door window, climbed to the road, got a lift to the nearest phone . . . and . . . of course got ticketed for leaving the scene of the accident. Gotta love it. Right ?!

Yeah it was about like this but black and white with hub caps and the big white tool box.
images.jpeg

Last edited:
Either:

A '69 Mustang GT Fastback, 428 Cobra-Jet Ram-Air, 4-speed manual

or

A '71 Ford Bronco, 302, 4-speed manual. I had one of these years ago (it had been converted from a 3-speed), but my wife decided to drive off in it locked into 4-WD Low. She overheated or over-revved it trying to maintain 55MPH, it caught fire, and burned up my vehicle, tools, fishing gear, etc. (but fortunately not her!). I really miss that vehicle! I do luckily still have the wife though!

Back