Off Topic If you could have any car (just for fun disucssion)??

Either:

A '69 Mustang GT Fastback, 428 Cobra-Jet Ram-Air, 4-speed manual

or

A '71 Ford Bronco, 302, 4-speed manual. I had one of these years ago (it had been converted from a 3-speed), but my wife decided to drive off in it locked into 4-WD Low. She overheated or over-revved it trying to maintain 55MPH, it caught fire, and burned up my vehicle, tools, fishing gear, etc. (but fortunately not her!). I really miss that vehicle! I do luckily still have the wife though!
Not sure why I am "liking" this.... the story about the '71 Bronco makes me cry. You damn sure better have a lifetime surplus of "husband points" from your wife for that incident...

1980 body style IH Scout pickup, roll caged and with the following:
Airbag lift, converted to two motor electric drive, with a small turbine generator, as well as the batteries.

Reactions: DRM
For cars I'd like a '69 Hurst Olds 442, a '66 or '67 Chevelle, a '70 Chevelle, a '69 Charger, or maybe a '69 GTX.....it's safe to say I like late 60's cars.

But for now, I'd like a nice lifted Jeep. I work at Land Rover so I hope my boss doesn't find out about that...
Man, the hursf olds with the pistol grip shifter is a badass car.

Ever watch muscle car of the week on YouTube ?
I could watch these videos for hours lusting after all the classic badass American muscle.

Not sure why I am "liking" this.... the story about the '71 Bronco makes me cry. You damn sure better have a lifetime surplus of "husband points" from your wife for that incident...

I understand, I almost cried too. But she has been awfully good to me over the 32 years of our marriage. I used up all my points long ago, but she still has some left...

Man, the hursf olds with the pistol grip shifter is a badass car.

Ever watch muscle car of the week on YouTube ?
I could watch these videos for hours lusting after all the classic badass American muscle.

Nah, never saw it....I'll have to check it out though. Thanks for the heads up on that.

I'm partway to my all time favorite car...I have an 2014 Audi A5 that I really enjoy driving. My dream list is either the 2018 A5 or A7 S-Line (not the S5/S7) or the R8 V12 (just cause). Actually know a USN LT in Hawaii whose every day commuter car is a 2011 R8 V10.

Last edited:
My old 1978 Chevy Blazer ... was the best truck I have ever owned ... 378,000 plus miles with only a replaced camshaft and a new carburator ... after that rebuilt the transmission and motor ... a small block 400 ... and it had over another 100,000 of it still purring ... but lost it in a divorce ...

I'm not sure why I got in that line that said hey come get married ... live it up be happy for a few years ... then find out your wife is cheating ... and then the bonus surprise ... give at least half your stuff away ... and somehow I said hey that sounds great ... yup sign me up ... :thumbsup:

But seriously loved that truck ... and I've had several trucks I really liked ... but they just don't make em like that anymore ...
Agreed! Mine was a '78 GMC Jimmy, unbelievably cool ride. I maintained a small airport at the time, and so I'd pull it up to the taxiway and fill it with 100 Octane Low Lead aviation fuel... man did it purr on that stuff!

Nowadays I would like that Ford Raptor, but turned into a Velociraptor by Hennessy Performance.
VelociRaptor-600-Hennessey-Stage-2-2-crop.jpg

Ohh man.... I could make a huge list.... some cars I would LOVE to have in no real order (except #1) would be...

2011 Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 (Probably most desirable for me)
Porsche 911 all years
1987 Mercedes 190E 3.2 AMG
1994 Mazda RX7
1994 Toyota Supra
Nissan Skyline R32, R33, R34
2010 Mercedes SLS AMG
2001 Acura NSX
1967 Shelby GT500
1969 Chevelle SS
Volkswagen R32 (MkIV)
Honda S2000 (owned a 2004 in the past)
1998 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Lexus IS300 3.0 1st Gen Manual (great 2JZ engine)
Ford Bronco resto-modded
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee TRACKHAWK! (707hp)

2010-porsche-gt3-rs-585.jpg

poster.jpg

0000492e3aed-ad31-4200-b.jpg

RX7-Widebody1.gif

9f12b53e83f5a0b4f03a7f9b806fdd9b.jpg

405873.jpg

405874.jpg

406027.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh man.... I could make a huge list.... some cars I would LOVE to have in no real order (except #1) would be...

2011 Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 (Probably most desirable for me)
Porsche 911 all years
1987 Mercedes 190E 3.2 AMG
1994 Mazda RX7
1994 Toyota Supra
Nissan Skyline R32, R33, R34
2010 Mercedes SLS AMG
2001 Acura NSX
1967 Shelby GT500
1969 Chevelle SS
Volkswagen R32 (MkIV)
Honda S2000 (owned a 2004 in the past)
1998 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Lexus IS300 3.0 1st Gen Manual (great 2JZ engine)
Ford Bronco resto-modded
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee TRACKHAWK! (707hp)

406027.jpg

You have great taste in cars.

I have never seen a 190e 3.2 AMG but I was lucky enough to get a ride in a new 2.5 Cosworth when the car first came out. A friend in London who was also a serious knife collector loved his mid-size performance saloons and he had one. We had lots fun on the back roads of Essex in it.

I was fortunate to have owned a silver C63 507 4 door. A stonking car which I loved but it really was a pain on long trips with some of the most uncomfortable seats ever fitted to a car! LOL. I guess I'm getting old and my backside needs care and comfort.:D

For me the ultimate new car would be a current 911 Turbo S with every option box ticked. Scary fast, usable and comfortable.;)

Last edited:
'68 Mustang GT, keeping the outer body while updating the inside with modern accouterments (usb for whatever, killer sound system, automatic windows, seats, etc.)

mini1-jpg.316215

mini2-jpg.316216

Unfortunately not mine, but some day . . . The owner said he takes down the hot dog before driving on the interstate.

tl-horizontal_main

Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
I'd love a 1970 Plymouth Belvidere roadrunner
,Lime light green exterior with black interior and a 426 Hemi.

Gotta go old school American muscle 'cause they just don't make 'em like they used to.
Actually they make them better now. You can thank the Japanese for that. I saw a Ferrari today at Ace hardware.... it required a second look. Doctor was driving it and living the dream.

Everything is subjective I guess.
It is subjective. I like newer cars as they are much more efficient with space. Used to like things like a '68 Camaro and I look at them now and they don't even appeal to me other than as an antique.

Newer cars last longer. That 1970 Roadrunner was essentially worn out at 100K miles (probably less). That is not the case any more with most new cars.

Me, I would prefer to drive a pickup. Have no desire for a dream car or truck.

It is subjective. I like newer cars as they are much more efficient with space. Used to like things like a '68 Camaro and I look at them now and they don't even appeal to me other than as an antique.

Newer cars last longer. That 1970 Roadrunner was essentially worn out at 100K miles (probably less). That is not the case any more with most new cars.

Me, I would prefer to drive a pickup. Have no desire for a dream car or truck.
I guess one just has to like said cars, because if I had the money i'd drive the classic American muscle, be much happier than driving a modern car, and have it rebuilt when needed.

I bought a new 67 GTO when I was in my twenties...great car!...

I’m older now (much older) and this would be my dream car...

1550DC02-F00F-4E2E-A98F-59A7EBF76A52.jpeg

Actually, I’m pretty satisfied driving my 11 year old Tacoma...

Cheers/bg

Reactions: DRM
Back