If you could have one knife whatwould it be?

Fallkniven F1 in black. Small, sturdy, handsome, great blade steel, etc..

Stay sharp,
desmobob

If you HAVE to go with a fixed blade check out FehrmanKnives.com. My best friend's uncle's make them and they hold up well and are very usable.

If you can SPARE THE CHANGE, check out crawfordknives.com and look at their Black Dragon - that is one of my dream knvies.

Also, if you can go FOLDER, I would look into the ultra heavy duty, Benchmade Rukus... BEEFY knife!!!

Ryan

An Ed Schemp custom made out of his laminated steel that he uses in his competitions. Next choice would be a 52100 custom of his. Gayle Bradley's CPM M4 custom competition chopper would do it too. Probably, most of all I would love to have a Phil Wilson custom in S125V even if I had to hand finish it. Joe

Chris Reeve's Green Beret! I just got mine and if someone took it away from me i'd cry like a little girl!

No question ,Scrapyard SS4 with polished blade and reprofiled edge.
The Busse AD's or game Wardens would be very good as well.

Other solid choices would be Fallkniven's ,and other Bushcraft knives like Bark river's or inexpensive customs.

Here is the new Skookum designed by Mor's Korchanski(excuse my spelling)

Skandi's like the Helle anniversary knife

The Grohman knives are very popular with hunters and are an issue knife for the Canadian forces.

I would not choose a folder as my only knife but you could do worse than the Benchmade 710

You can't talk about folder's without mentioning the Sebbie's.

Busse Game Warden
Busse Active Duty
Ranger RD-7
Ranger RD-4
Fallkniven S1

I like Bark Rivers, but for an LEO, if not the Bravo-1 (black canvas Micarta), then the BM Fixed Griptilian. I carry a BM-Nimravus in my vest, but I'm plainclothes so I rarely wear it. Plus, it sounds a little big for your criteria.

For your requirements, Ranger Knives has some great selections at the highter end, Busse and Fehrman. Fallkniven's F1 is a good choice and plenty of after market sheaths as well. If you don't need a prybar, the RAT 3 is another excellent, inexpensive blade. The Bark River Bravo-1 is a hell of a choice as well, but it's a brute not a slicer.

Let us know what you finally decide on.

ROCK6

a BM 140 or 141. about a 4.5in blade. Not to heavy, on the slimmer side. Just in case your interested, Strider has some really nice mid sized fixed blades. But your looking at around $300.
Last I checked a BM 140 was about $130.

ive never have had a jerry busse knife but have had his wifes and brothers and would be happy with any of those say a bm and a game warden that would work:thumbup::D you did say one of each did you not

Back